EXAMINATION OF REGIONAL DISPARITY IN THE LEVEL OF TOURIST OFFER IN RURAL CLUSTERS OF SERBIA
Serbia is a country known for turbulent historical events, which completely disrupted the economic and political state of the country, and which had negative effects on the country’s tourist development. In this research, the authors pointed to the current state of the level of services provided in rural parts of Serbia, and on the basis of the obtained data, found that there are disparities in the examined clusters when it comes to the level and quality of the services provided. So far, only a small number of authors have pointed to this issue, however, this research discusses a key problem that has negative implications for the development of rural tourism in Serbia. By including results in further research related to rural tourism, it is possible to develop long-term plans for removing regional disparities in rural clusters in Serbia.
2. Augustyn, M. M., & Seakhoa-King, A. (2004). Is the Servqual scale an adequate measure of quality in leisure, tourism and hospitality? Advances in Hospitality and Leisure, 1, 3-24.
3. Badler, H. (2004). Quality Customer Care. Wandsbeck, South Africa, Reach Publishers.
4. Baloglu, S., Pekcan, A., Chen, S., & Santos, J. (2003). The relationship between destination performance, overall satisfaction and behavioral intention for distinct segments. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 4(3/4), 149-165.
5. Chang, T., & Horng, S., (2010). Conceptualizing and measuring experience quality: the customer’s perspective. Service Industry Journal. 30 (14), 2401–2419.
6. Chen, C. M., Lee, H. T., & Chen, S. H. Huang, T. H. (2011). Tourist behavioural intentions in relation to service quality and customer satisfaction in Kinmen National Park, Taiwan. International Journal of Tourism Research, 13, 416-432.
7. Gajić, T., & Vujko, A., (2017). Tourism as a potential factor of economic development - A report from Serbia. The Second International Scientific
Conference: Tourism in function of development of the republic of Serbia - Tourism product as a factor of competitiveness of the Serbian economy and experiences of other countries. University of Kragujevac, Faculty of hotel management and tourism in Vrnjačka Banja, 2, 128-144.
8. Huh, J., Uysal, M., & McCleary, K. (2006). Cultural/heritage destinations: Tourist satisfaction and market segmentation. Journal of Hospitality & Leisure Marketing, 14(3), 81-99.
9. Helkkula, A., (2011). Characterising the concept of service experience. Journal of Service Management, 22 (3), 367–389.
10. Jakkola, E., Helkkula, A., & Aarikka-Stenroos, L., (2015). Understanding and advancing service experience co-creation. Journal of Service Management. 26, 2.
11. Jose F. Molina-Azorín, Juan Jos_e Tarí, Jorge Pereira-Moliner, María D. Lopez-Gamero, Eva M. Pertusa-Ortega. (2015). The effects of quality and environmental management on competitive advantage: A mixed methods study in the hotel industry. Tourism Management, 50, 41-54.
12. Khound, J. M. (2013). Constraints and prospects of rural tourism development: An overview of tourism in Shyamgaon of Titabor of Jorhat, District (Assam). Journal of Tourism and HospitalityManagement, 1(1), 27-31.
13. Klaus, P., & Maklan, S. (2013). Towards a better measure of customer experience. International Journal of Marketing Research, 55 (2), 227–246.
14. Knutson, B., Beck, J., Kim, S., & Cha, J. (2007). Identifying the dimensions of the experience construct. Journal of Hospitality and Leisure Marketing 15 (3), 31–47.
15. Lanea, B. (1994). What is rural tourism? Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 2(1-2), 7-21.
16. Lemke, F., Clark, M., & Wilson, H. (2011). Customer experience quality. An exploration in business and consumer contexts using repertory grid technique. Journal of Academic Marketing Sciences, 39, 846–869.
17. Lopez-Toro, A. A., Diaz-Munoz, R., & Perez-Moreno, S. (2010). An assessment of the quality of a tourist destination: The case of Nerja, Spain. Total Quality Management, 21(3), 269-289.
18. Master Plan of Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in Serbia, Sustainable Tourism for Rural Development (2011). A joint UN Programme in Serbia, MDGIF Achievement Fund.
19. Nair, A. (2006). Meta-analysis of the relationship between quality management practices and firm performance-implications for quality management theory development. Journal of Operations Management, 24, 948-975.
20. Narayan, B., Rajendren, C., Sai, L. P., & Gopalan, R. (2009). Dimensions of service quality in tourism – an Indian perspective. Total Quality Management, 20 (1), 61-89.
21. Olsson, L., Friman, M., Pareigis, J., & Edvardsson, B. (2012). Measuring service experience: applying the satisfaction with travel scale in public transport. Journal of Retail. Consumer Service 19 (19), 413–418.
22. Oprean, C., Titu, M., & Bucur, V. (2011). Managementul global al organizatiei bazate pe cunostinte Editura. AGIR, Bucuresti, 411-420.
23. Ozdemir, B., Aksu, A., Ehtiyar, R., Cizel, B., Cizel, R. B., & Icigen, E. T. (2012). Relationships among tourist profile, satisfaction and destination loyalty: Examining empirical evidences in Antalya region of Turkey. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 21, 506- 540.
24. Palmer, A., (2010). Customer experience management: a critical review of an emerging idea. Journal of Serice Management, 24 (3), 196–208.
25. Said, A., Shuib, A., Ayob, N., & Yaakob, F. (2013). An evaluation of service quality from visitors’ perspectives: The case of Niah NationalPark in Sarawak. International Journal of Business and Society, 14(1), 61 – 78.
26. Smith, V. L. & Eadington R. (1992). Tourism Alternatives: Potentials and Problems in the Development of Tourism, Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
27. Svoradova, L., Palkechova, L., & Viragh, R. (2013). Rural tourism and agrotourism in the Slovak Republic. Conference: 8th International conference on applied business research (ICABR) location: East London, South Africa, 22-26.
28. Tosun, C. (2002). Host perceptions of impacts: A comparative tourism study. Annals of Tourism Research, 29, 231-253.
29. Vujko, A. Plavša J., Petrović, M., Radovanović, M., & Gajić, T. (2017). Modeling of tourism carrying capacity in the national parks - Fruska gora (Serbia) case study. Open Geosciences, 9, 61-7.