INSURANCE IN AGRICULTURE
Damage in agricultural production can be crucial for the economy of a state, especially in countries where agricultural production prevails in the gross national income, as it is the case with Serbia. However, it is equally important that our agricultural producers manage incomes and expenditures in an efficient manner and optimize profit per surface unit, which is the basis of their business. Insurance plays an important part in the protection of the income statement of every agricultural producer as insurance costs are at the level of 1.5% to 2% on average of the production value, i.e. they are very low and saving on insurance could lead to the loss of the total yield and consequently total profit. However, agricultural insurance in Serbia is not developed enough. The state’s attempt to boost insurance development amounts to insurance subsidies, which, in the period of the implementation of this regulation, i.e. since 2006, has raised awareness of the need of such a type of protection of agricultural producers.
2. Churchill, C. (2008): What is Insurance for the Poor?, in Churchill, C. (ed.) Protecting the Poor: A Micro insurance, coprendium, International Labor Organization, Geneve.
3. Ivanjko, Š. (2012): Pravni odnos između posrednika u osiguranju i društva za osiguranje (The legal relationship between insurance brokers and insurance companies), Pravni život (Legal Life), Belgrade, no. 11.
4. Musić, F. (2003): Pasivna prodaja polisa osiguranja (Passive sales of insurance policies), Svijet osiguranja (Insurance World), Zagreb, no. 1.
5. Katrinka, Z. (1996): Osiguranje životinja (Animal insurance), Priručnik za praksu osiguranja i reosiguranja (Handbook for the practice of insurance and reinsurance), DDOR Novi Sad.
6. Mahmutović, S. (2012): Podrška osiguranju u poljoprivredi (Support agriculture insurance in agriculture), Second Agricultural Forum „Hrana za Evropu“ (Food for Europe), Belgrade Economics Institute, Subotica.
7. Mrkšić, D., Petrović, Z. (2004): Pravo osiguranja (Insurance Law), Faculty of Business Law, Belgrade.
8. Njegomir, V. (2011): Poljoprivredna proizvodnja i rizici (Agricultural production and risks), Osiguranje (Insurance), Zagreb, no. 6.
9. Slavnić, J. (2006): Nekorektna trgovačka praksa i oblast osiguranja (Unfair trade practice and the insurance sector), Pravni život (Legal Life), Belgrade, no. 11.
10.Samuelson, P. A., Nordhaus, V. D. (2009): Ekonomija (Economics), Mate, Belgrade.
11. Sigma (2009), 1/2009, Swiss Re, Zurich.
12.Stojanović, Ž., Gligorijević, M., Rakonjac Antić, T. (2012): The role of the marketing mix in the improvement of agricultural insurance, Economics of Agriculture, vol. 59, no. 4, IAE Belgrade.