I-DISTANCE AND SEPARABILITY COEFFICIENT IN BUSINESS EVALUATION OF SME’S IN AGRIBUSINESS
Systematic and continuous process of measuring and comparing business results of companies regarding to business results of leaders, in order to obtain information that will help the company to take action to improve its performance, is in a function of improving business operations. Accordingly, the frst objective of this paper is, based on the coeffcient of separability, to determine which indicators of business conditions and business results have the greatest impact on differences in the business operations of the observed SMEs operating in the food industry. The second objective of this work is to make the ranking of companies based on the business conditions and business results using discriminant analysis (I-distance), and then, to determine the overall rank of companies using general ranking coeffcient (Ker). The results show that companies are signifcantly separated according to business results rather than to business conditions, and in addition, the business results also had a crucial impact on the overall rank of each company.
2. Bulajic, M., Knezevic, S., Jeremic, V., Zarkic Joksimovic, N. (2012): Towards a Framework for Evaluating Bank Effciency. International Journal of Agricultural and Statistical Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 377–384.
3. Ceranić, S. (2004): Management in small and medium-sized enterprises. Textbook, Belgrade: Faculty of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises.
4. Erdeljan, V., Mikelić, M., Stanković, J. (1974): Koefcijent moći razdvajanja u analizi nekih indikatora proizvodnje društvenih poljoprivrednih gazdinstava. XI godišnji sastanak Jugoslovenskog statističkog društva, Zlatibor.
5. Ivanović, B. (1963): Discriminant analysis. Belgrade: Scientifc Book.
6. Ivanovic, B. (1973): A method of establishing a list of development indicators. Paris: United Nations educational, scientifc and cultural organization.
7. Ivanovic, B., Fanchette, S. (1973): Grouping and ranking of 30 countries of SubSaharan Africa, Two distance-based methods comp ared. Paris: United Nations educational, scientifc and cultural organization.
8. Ivanović, B. (1977): Classifcation Theory. Belgrade: Institute for Industrial Economic.
9. Jeremic, V., Bulajic, M., Martic, M., Radojicic, Z. (2011a): A fresh approach to evaluating the academic ranking of world universities. Scientometrics, 87(3), 587– 596. doi:10.1007/s11192-011-0361-6
10. Jeremić, V. (2012): Statistički model efkasnosti zasnovan na ivanovićevom odstojanju,doktorska disertacija, FON, Beograd, Srbija.
11.Jeremić, V., Seke, K., Radojičić, Z., Jeremić, D., Marković, A., Slović, D., Aleksić, A. (2011b): Measuring health of countries: a novel approach. HealthMED, Vol. 5, No. 6, 1762-1766.
12. Jeremić, V., Bulajić, M., Martić, M., Marković, A., Savić, G., Jeremić, D., Radojičić, Z. (2012). An Evaluation of European Countries Health Systems through Distance Based Analysis. Hippokratia, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 170-174.
13. Jeremic, V., Radojicic, Z. (2010): A New Approach in the Evaluation of Team Chess Championships Rankings. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, Vol. 6, no. 3, doi:10.2202/1559-0410.1257
14.Lakić, N., Maletić, R. (1999): Stepen razdvajanja izdvojenih klastera na osnovu indikatora rezultata proizvodnje, Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 89-97.
15. Maletić, R., Ceranić, S., Popović, B. (2011): Small and medium enterprises as factors in reducing poverty in rural communities Serbian. Economics of Agriculture, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 121-132.
16. Mihailović, N., Bulajić, M., Savić, G. (2009): Ranking of banks in Serbia. Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 323–334. doi:10.2298/YUJOR0902323M.
17. Popović, B. (2008): Contribution of small and medium sized enterprises in development of agribusiness in Republic of Serbia, PhD thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, Zemun.
18. Popović, B., Maletić, R. (2007): Ranking of municipalities of the Republic of Serbia based on small and medium agrobusinesses, International scientifc meeting: «Multifunctional agriculture and rural development», Thematic Procceedings, Belgrade -Beočin, 2007., ISBN 978-86-82121-47-3, COBISS.SR-ID 145178124, pp. 1113-1119.
19. Popović, B., Maletić, R., Paunović, T. (2008): Development of small and medium size enterprises in function of competitiveness promotion in agribusiness. Proceedings of the International Scientifc Conference: Multifunctional Agriculture and Rural Development. 4-5 december 2008, Belgrade, pp. 76-82.
20. Popović, B., Maletić, R., Ceranić, S., Paunović, T., Janković, Šoja, S. (2011): Defning homogenous areas of Serbia based on development of SME in agribusiness using the cluster analysis. TTEM - Technics Technologies Education Management, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 811-818.
21. Rаdојičić, Z., Stеfаnоvić, Т., Vukmirоvić, D. (1998): Rаngirаnjе prеduzеćа mеtоdоm Ivаnоvićеvоg оdstојаnjа, Аnаlizа grupisаnjа IV, SZS, Kоsmај.
22. Seke, K., Petrovic, N., Jeremic, V., Vukmirovic, J., Kilibarda, B., Martic, M. (2013): Sustainable development and public health: rating European countries. BMC Public Health, 13, 77. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-13-77