INSTRUMENTS OF SUPPORT IN PROMOTION OF HEALTHY FOOD AND FOOD SAFETY CULTURE
Food is imperative for biological survival. It is a necessity and a source of health and vitality if taken with the awareness of all the correlations between food and health and development. This paper aims to research the correlation between food, health, and longevity, and the factors in the chain of food safety and healthy food and diet to determine their role and significance and offer recommendations based on results and conclusions. Since children and adolescents are more likely to be affected by an unhealthy diet in the long term, their dietary habits were also researched. The paper identified the elements of importance for this problem – individuals, family, education system, media, food producers, state and international organizations. After analysis of the roles of all the elements and stakeholders in the chain of food safety and healthy diet, recommendations for each link in that chain were given.
2. Birnbaum, L.S. (1994). The mechanism of dioxin toxicity: relationship to risk assessment. Environmental Health Perspectives, 102(9), 157-167. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.94102s9157
3. Bjelajac, Z., Pocuca, M., & Dukic-Mijatovic, M. (2013). Uranium and Dioxin Consequences of Bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999 and Its Impact on the Ecosystem and Human Health. Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology, 14(2), 480-492.
4. Bjelajac, Ž., Dukić-Mijatović, M., Dragojlović, J. (2017). Food safety as one of the main preoccupations of a modern man. Economics of agriculture, 64(1), 191-204. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekoPolj1701191B
5. Bjelajac, Ž., Filipović, A. (2018). Inﬂuence of mass media on degradation of contemporary society. The Culture of Polis, 15(Special issue), 9-21. [in Serbian: Bjelajac, Ž., Filipović, A. (2018). Uticaj masovnih medija na degradaciju savremenog društva. Kultura polisa, 15(posebno izdanje), 9-21].
6. Bjelajac, Ž., Filipović, A. (2020a). Lack of Security Culture in Facing the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Culture of Polis, 17(42), 383-399.
7. Bjelajac, Ž., Filipović, A. (2020b). The role of the media in the affirmation of the culture of food safety. Economics of agriculture, 67(2), 609-622, https://doi.org/10.5937/ekoPolj2002609B
8. Burešova, P., Mrkvova, K., & Dudić, B. (2020). Changes in gastronomy. Hotel and Tourism Management, 8(1), 79-88. https://doi.org/10.5937/menhottur2001079B
9. Divisi, D., Di Tommaso, S., Salvemini, S., Garramone, M., & Crisci, R. (2006). Diet and cancer. Acta bio-medica: Atenei Parmensis, 77(2), 118-123.
10.Donaldson, M.S. (2004). Nutrition and cancer: a review of the evidence for an anticancer diet. Nutrition journal, 3(1), 19-28. https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-3-19
11.European Union (2020). European Food Safety Authority. Retrieved from https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/agencies/efsa_en (May 8, 2020).
12.Filipović, A., & Spaić, I. (2020). Propaganda in a function of a systemic instrumentalization of media for ultra-nationalist purposes. LAW - Theory and Practice, 37(3), 61–75. https://doi.org/10.5937/ptp2003061F
13.Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/about/en/ (December 1, 2020).
14.Food and Agriculture Organization, The World Health Organization. (2020). Codex Alimentarius. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fao-who-codexalimentarius/en/ (May 8, 2020).
15.Food and Agriculture Organization. (2004). Human energy requirements. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/3/Y5686E/y5686e04.htm (May 9, 2020).
16.Institute for Public Health of Serbia, (2015). Evaluation of the program “Let’s Grow Healthy” -2014. [in Serbian: Institut za javno zdravlje Srbije, (2015). Evaluacija programa “Zdravo rastimo “– 2014].
17.Jurjević, Ž., Bogićević, I., Đokić, D., & Matkovski, B. (2019). Information Technology as a Factor of Sustainable Development of Serbian Agriculture. Strategic Management, 24(1), 41-46, https://doi.org/10.5937/StraMan1901041J
18.Law on Amendments of the Law on Food Safety, The Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, 17(2019) [in Serbian: Zakon o izmenama i dopunama Zakona o bezbednosti hrane, Službeni glasnik RS, 17(2019)].
19.Law on Food Safety, The Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, 41(2009) [in Serbian: Zakon o bezbednosti hrane, Službeni glasnik RS, 41(2009)].
20.National Toxicology Program. (2016). Report on Carcinogens, Fourteenth Edition.; Research Triangle Park, NC: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Services. Retrieved from https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/go/roc14 (May 13, 2020).
21.Prdić, N., Kuzman, B. (2019). The Importance of Auctions for Agroindustrial products trade. Ekonomika, 65(1), 107-116. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekonomika1901107P
22.Roser, M., Appel, C., Ritchie, H. (2013). Human Height. Published online at OurWorldInData.org. Retrieved from: https://ourworldindata.org/human-height (November 30, 2020).
23.Švonja-Parezanović, G., Perić-Prkosovački, B. (2014). Nutritional Status and Dietary Habits of Young People. PONS Medical Journal, 11(2), 48-52, https://doi.org/10.5937/pons11-7222
24.World Food Programe (WFP). Retrieved from https://www.wfp.org/overview (December 3, 2020).
25.World Health Organization. (2017). Food Safety and Zoonoses. Retrieved from https://www.who.int/foodsafety/about/FOSSP-En.pdf?ua=1 (December 1, 2020).
26.Zalite, E. (2013). World Food Programme – An Overview. Stanford University Library. Retrieved from https://library.stanford.edu/sites/default/fles/widget/fle/zalite_wfp_unday2013_0.pdf (November 12, 2020).