RISK MANAGEMENT IN AGRICULTURE UNDER CLIMATE CHANGES
Agricultural production is exposed to the effects of various risks, of which the production risks represent its specifcity, given that they stem from the fact that the production is done outdoor and that it encompass management of living beings. Climate changes directly affect the production risks of agricultural production. In the literature, climate change are relatively suffcient researched but there are scarce studies that deal with the theme of risk management in agricultural production and in particular the management of risks under climate changse. With this in mind as the goal of the paper we have determined the need to point out on the importance and forms of agricultural risk management under climate changes. In an effort to achieve the goal, in the paper we frst point out to the basic characteristics of agricultural production risk management and then we point to the application of preventive measures, the role of the state as well as the comparative role of insurance. As the impact of climate changes have strongly negative impact on insurance companies that provide insurance for agricultural risks, we consider the issue of wheatther the conclusion of agricultural insurance contracts should be mandatory or voluntary.
2. Gramig, B., Barnett, B.J., Skees, J.R., Black, J.R. (2006): Incentive compatibility in risk management of contagious livestock diseases. In S.R. Koontz, D.L. Hoag, Thilmany, D.D., Green, J.W., Grannis J.L. (2006): The Economics of Livestock Disease Insurance: Concepts, Issues and International Case Studies, CABI Publishing, Cambridge.
3. ISO (2002): ISO/IEC Guide 73:2002 Risk management. Vocabulary. Guidelines for use in standards, International Organization for Standardization, Geneva.
4. Galjak, I., Bojković, Č. (2015): Istorijski aspekti razvoja tržišta kapitala i korporativnog upravljanja, Oditor, Belgrade, Serbia, no. 10, pp. 10-16.
5. Kalra, A., Xing, L. (2013): Partnering for food security in emerging markets. Sigma No 1/2013, Swiss Re, Zurich.
6. Milojević, I., Zekić, M. (2015): Organizaciona struktura preduzeća kao pretpostavka konsolidacije bilansa, Oditor, Belgrade, Serbia, no. 12, pp. 22-28.
7. Njegomir, V. (2007): Kanali distribucije usluga osiguranja i reosiguranja. Marketing, vol. 38, no. 1-2, pp. 47-53.
8. Njegomir, V. (2015): Obaveznost osiguranja. Svet osiguranja, vol. 5, no. 5.
9. OECD (2000): Income Risk Management in Agriculture. OECD Publishing, Paris.
10. OECD (2009): Managing Risk in Agriculture: A Hollistic Aproach. OECD Publishing, Paris.
11. Pejanović, R., and Njegomir, V. (2011): Problemi upravljanja rizicima u poljoprivredi. Ekonomika poljoprivrede, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 91-103.
12. Raulston, J.M., Richardson, J:W., Outlaw, J.L., and Knapek, G.M. (2010): Does Crop Insurance Reduce the Need for Cash Reserves in Savings Accounts? Paper presented at the SAEA Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, February 6-9.
13. Samjuelson, P.A., and Nordhaus, V.D. (2009): Ekonomija. Mate, Beograd.
14. Shaik, S., Barnett, B.J., Coble, K.H., Miller, J.C. and Hanson, T. (2006): Insurability conditions and livestock disease insurance. In S.R. Koontz, D.L. Hoag, D.D. Thilmany, J.W. Green, and J.L. Grannis (eds.), The Economics of Livestock Disease Insurance: Concepts, Issues and International Case Studies, CABI Publishing, Cambridge.
15. Sherrick, B.J., Barry, P.J., Ellinger, P.N., and Schnitkey, G.D. (2004): Factors Inﬂuencing Farmers’ Crop Insurance Decisions. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 103–114.
16. Skees, J., Hazell, P., and Miranda, M. (1999): New Approaches to Crop Yield Insurance in Developing Countries. EPTD Discussion Paper 55, International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington, D.C.
17. Snow, A.A., Andow, D.A., Gepts. P., Hallerman, E.M., Power, A., Tiedje, J.M., and Wolfenbarger, L.L. (2005): Genetically engineered organisms and the environment: Current status and recommendations. Ecological Aplications, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 377-404
18. Velandia, M., Rejesus, R.M., Knight, T.O., and Sherrick, B.J. (2009): Factors Affecting Farmers’ Utilization of Agricultural Risk Management Tools: The Case of Crop Insurance, Forward Contracting, and Spreading Sales. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 107–123.
19. Vode Vojvodine (2016): Hidrosistem Dunav-Tisa-Dunav, Javno vodoprivredno preduzeće „Vode Vojvodine”,http://www.vodevojvodine.com/Category/CategoryPages/4?title=%D0%A5%D1%81_%D0%94%D0%A2%D0%94 (accessed 25.07.2016.)