SERBIAN PORK MARKET ANALYSIS
Pig farming is the second most important branch of livestock production according to value of agricultural production, while pork meat is the most widely eaten meat in Serbia. As the one of the characteristics of pig market is cyclicality in the movement of production volumes and prices which can inﬂuence on the imbalance in supply and demand and in price ﬂuctuations, the main aim of this paper was to analyse pork market in Serbia. Namely, in order to identify factors that inﬂuenced pork supply and demand, and to determine the presence of cyclical oscillations on pork market, pork market in Serbia was analyzed with supply and demand functions and with Cobweb model. The results indicated that factors which inﬂuenced on demand for pork were: personal consumption, retail price of pork and beef. On the other hand, on the supply side the most important factor was the price of pork. The results also indicated that in analyzed period in Serbia existed convergent type of Cobweb model.
2. Birovljev, J., Matkovski, B., & Ćetković, B. (2015). The competitiveness of the Serbian agri-food products on the market of countries in the region. Annals of the Faculty of Economics in Subotica, 51(1), 61-78. [in Serbian: Birovljev, J., Matkovski, B., & Ćetković, B. (2015), Konkurentnost poljoprivrednoprehrambenih proizvoda Srbije na tržištu zemalja regiona].
3. FAO (2009). Agribusiness Handbook: Red Meat. Rome: FAO
4. FAO, & EBRD (2007). A systematic analysis of the agribusiness sector in transition economies: The Serbian meat value-chain. Retreived from: http://www.eastagri.org/fles/serbia_meat_vc_fnal.pdf (October 8, 2012)
5. FAOSTAT (2017). Retrieved from: http://faostat3.fao.org/home/E (April 10, 2017)
6. Jeremić, M., Zekić, S., & Matkovski, B. (2016). Economic characteristics of pig production in Sebia. Agrieconomica, 70, 11-18. [in Serbian: Jeremić, M., Zekić, S., Matkovski, B. (2016), Ekonomske osobenosti proizvodnje svinja u Srbiji].
7. Lâm Đ. T., Cường T.T., Huyền N.T., Xuân V.K., & Đức N.A. (2013). Analysis of factors affecting demand for pork consumption in Vinh City, Nghe an Province. Journal of Science and Development, 11(3), 429-438.
8. Lovre, K. (1997). Ekonomski modeli u poljoprivredi. Novi Sad. Nevkoš.
9. Matkovski, B., Lovre, K., & Zekić, S. (2017). The forign trade liberalization and export of agri-food products of Serbia. Agricultural Economics, 63(7), 331-345.
10. Matsumoto, A., & Szidarvszky, F. (2015). The Asymptotic Behavior in a Nonlinear Cobweb Model with Time Delays. Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society vol. 2015, Article ID 312574, 14 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/312574.
11. Mičić, I., Rajić, A., Živković, J., Orović, D., Mičić, M., Mičić, I., & Mičić, M. (2017). Optimal ﬂock structure of pig arm providing minimum costs. Economic of Agriculture, 64(3), 1003-1018.
12. Mijić, K., Zekić, S., & Jakšić, D. (2016). Profitability analysis of meat industry in Serbia. Facta Universitatis: Economics and Organization, 13(4), 379-386.doi: 10.22190/FUEO1604379M
13. Petrović, M. M. (2005). Livestock production in Serbia on its way to European Union. Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry, 21(5-6), 1-7. doi: 10.2298/BAH0506001P
14. Petrović, M. M., Aleksić, S., Petrović, M. P., Petrović, M., Pantelić, V., Novaković, Ž., & Ružić-Muslić, D. (2013). Potentials of Serbian livestock production - outlook and future. Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry, 29(1), 1-17. doi: 10.2298/BAH1301001P
15. Popović, R., Knežević, M., & Štavljanin, B. (2010). Development of the market for basic livestock products in Serbia in the context of European integration. Agroprivreda Srbije i evropske integracije: (Ne)prilagođenost obostranoj primeni prelaznog trgovinskog sporazuma (103-115). Belgrade: DAES (In Serbian: Popović, R., Knežević, M., & Štavljanin, B. (2010). Razvoj tržišta osnovnih stočarskih proizvoda u Srbiji u kontekstu evropskih integracija)
16. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia (2004-2015). Statistical Yearbooks of the Republic of Serbia 2004-2015. Belgrade.
17. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia (SORS) (2017). Retrieved from: http://webrzs.stat.gov.rs/WebSite/public/ReportView.aspx (April 15, 2017)