EVALUATION OF REALIZED INVESTMENTS IN AGRICULTURE IN AREA OF UPPER DANUBE REGION
Special natural reserve „Upper Danube“ is protected natural area I category, which extends on the left bank of Danube river in Republic Serbia. The reserve is part of large marshland complex and represents one of the last large ﬂoodplains on the ground of the European continent. Getting into consideration the natural conditions, production resources, the structure of agricultural production and related activities, and environmental, infrastructural and social conditions in which these economic activities take place, formed the basis for research on the Upper Danube. For research purposes, this feld is viewed in the broader context of the administrative area includes the city of Sombor and Municipalities: Apatin, Bač and Bačka Palanka. On the other hand, from the perspective of the enlargement process of the European Union (EU), derived for our country and the importance of capital investment for sustainable development imposed by the need to analyze the economic effciency of investment in agriculture. Accordingly, the research activity is conducted within the boundaries of the analysis of investments in agriculture in the Upper Danube.
2. Pejanović, R.., Milić, D. (2008): Investments in Agriculture of the Republic of Serbia, Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. LV, no. 1/2008, pp. 9-20.
3. Republic Statistical Offce, The 2002 census, (Total and agricultural population in Serbia, RSO, Belgrade, Serbia.
4. Republic Statistical Offce, Investments of the Republic of Serbia 2002-2011, RSO, Belgrade, Serbia.
5. Republic Statistical Offce, Municipalities in Serbia 2002-2011, RSO, Belgrade, Serbia.
6. Subić, J. (2007): Place of South Banat in agriculture of Serbia and Montenegro on the road to European integration, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade, Serbia.
7. Subić, J., Mihailović, B., Vasiljević, Z. (2008): Investments as a factor of economic development of the municipality of Pancevo, Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. LV, no. 4/2008, pp. 365-378.
8. Subić, J. (2010): Specifcs of the process of investing in agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade, Serbia.
9. Subić, J., Jovanović, M., Njegovan, N. (2012): Investment in agriculture and rural development, Chapter in the monograph “Strategic planning for sustainable agricultural and rural community development - model MZ Glogonj” (pp. 46-61), Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade, Serbia.
10. Subić, J., Popović, V., Roljević, S. (2012a): Evaluation of Realized Investments in Agriculture in the Carpathian Region in Serbia, Scientifc Papers ”Agrarian Economy and Rural Development - Realities and Perspectives for Romania”, Vol. 3, Issue 2012, pp. 310-315, Research Institute for Agriculture Economy and Rural Development, Bucharest, Romania.
11. Subić, J., Jeločnik, M. (2012b): Analysis of Realized Investments in Agriculture on the Territory of Danube Basin in the Republic of Serbia, Thematic Proceedings „Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development in Terms of the Republic of Serbia Strategic Goals Realization Within the Danube Region“, pp. 1289-1307, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade, Serbia.