THE EFFECTS RESULTING FROM THE APPLICATION OF THE CONCEPT OF THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL TOURISM ON STARA PLANINA
The development of rural tourism on Stara planina (Old Mountain) has a positive impact on the economic development of the local communities in the area. However, if an adequate program of the sustainable development of tourism on Stara planina were made, that would also have positive effects as an accompanying factor contributing to the development of rural tourism. In particular, the results would show that there is a need for the preservation of the quality of the environment and the development of all resources, especially with respect to the realization of an economic proft. The aim of the paper is to detect the extent to which the effects arising from the development of rural tourism depend on the implementation of the program of the sustainable tourism development of the mountain. The method that makes the realization of a causal connection between these two phenomena possible is the linear regression analysis. The purpose of the regression analysis is to determine the shape of such a connection, i.e. the dependence between the observed phenomenon, by applying a mathematical formula and a range of corresponding assumptions. Therefore, it best describes the quantitative relationship between the variation in the observed phenomenon of reality, as well as the agent that serves to evaluate the predictive value and the dependent variable against the desired value of the explanatory variables or the effects resulting from the development of rural tourism on Stara planina.
2. Biddulph, R. (2015). Limits to mass tourism’s effects in ruralperipheries, Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 50., pp. 98-212.
3. Bogdanov, N. (2007). Mala ruralna domaćinstva u Srbiji i ruralno nepoljoprivradna ekonomija, Beograd, UNPD.
4. Brown, F., & Hall, D. (2008). Tourism and development in the Global South: The issues. Third World Quarterly, Vol. 29, pp. 839–849
5. Cawley, M., Desmond, A. G. (2007). Integrated rural tourism: Concepts and Practice, Annals of Tourism Research Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 316-337.
6. Clarke, J. (1996). Farm accommodation and the communication mix, Tourism Management, Vol. 17, No. 8, pp. 611-616.
7. Cvijanović, D. (2014). Turističko tržište u dunaskom regionu. Monografja, institut za ekonomiku poljoprivrede, Beograd.
8. Gibson, C. (2009). Geographies of tourism: Critical research on capitalism and local livelihoods. Progress in Human Geography, Vol. 33, pp. 527–534.
9. Gilbert, D. (1989), Rural tourism and marketing: Synthesis and new ways of working, Tourism Management, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 39-50.
11. Jovičić, D. (2002). Menadžment turističkih destinacija, Želnid, Beograd.
12. Krajnović, A., Čičin-Šain D., Predovan M. (2011). Strateško upravljanje razvojem ruralnog turizma – problemi i smjernice. Oeconomica Jadertina Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 30-45
13. Lacher, G. R., & Nepal, S. K. (2010). From leakages to linkages: Locallevel strategies for capturing tourism revenue in northern Thailand. Tourism Geographies, Vol. 12, pp. 77-99.
14. Marković, S., Pejanović, Lj. (2012). Zaštita životne stedine u politici održivog razvoja. Fakultet za pravne i poslovne studije, Novi Sad.
15. Mitchell, J., & Ashley, C. (2010). Tourism and poverty reduction: Pathways to prosperity (1st ed.). London: Earthscan
16. Pechlaner, H., Volgger, M., Herntrei, M. (2012). Destination management organizations as interface between destination governance and corporate governance, Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 23, No. 2. pp. 151-168.
17. Ruhanan, L. (2012). Developing a strategic vision: integration principles of sustainable development in planning tourist destinations, Acta Turistica, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp 149-176.
18. Scheyvens, R. (2007). Exploring the tourism-poverty nexus. Current Issues in Tourism, Vol. 10, рр. 231–254.
19. Scoones, I. (2009). Livelihoods perspectives and rural development. Journal of Peasant Studies, Vol. 36, рр. 171–196.
20. Sharpley, R. (2002). Rural tourism and the challenge of tourism diversifcation: The case of Cyprus. Tourism Management, Vol. 23, pp. 233–244.
21. Walpole, M. J., & Goodwin, H. J. (2000). Local economic impacts of dragon tourism in Indonesia. Annals of Tourism Research, Vol. 27, pp. 559–576.
22. Zapata, M. J., Hall, C. M., Lindo, P., & Vanderschaeghe, M. (2011). Can community-based tourism contribute to development and poverty alleviation? Lessons from Nicaragua. Current Issues in Tourism, Vol. 14, pp. 725–749.
23. Živković, B.(2013). Ekonomski aspekti uticaja turizma na ekonomiju ruralnih regija, Ecologica Vol. 20, No. 71, pp. 541-544.