EFFICACY OF STUDYING AS PREDICTOR OF HIGHER EDUCATION QUALITY: THE CASE STUDY OF FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Creation of education policy starts at, among other things, the vision of education system’s quality. Comprehension of the concept of quality is multifaceted, so in higher education the holistic, multidisciplinary approach is the most appropriate for it acknowledges different segments of quality. One of those is measuring effciency of studying based on input: type of high school, and the success achieved in high school, what is the goal of this research. Applying regression analysis on a sample of 1,114 subjects, students of the Faculty of Agriculture, the inﬂuence of success in high school to the average years of study and accomplished success during studies had been explored. For all courses, defning the inﬂuence of success in high school to the average years of study had negative coeffcient of correlation, which means that by increasing the number of points earned in high school there is a decrease of average years of study (sum coeffcient, r = -0.23). Due to the fact that the problem is in the uneven criteria of evaluation and assessment at high school level of education in Serbia, especially between high schools and vocational schools, results of this research are pointing out the necessity for equalization and compatibility of all elements in education system, and of bringing national outcomes of education at all levels and national qualifcation frames.
2. Babić-Kekez, S. (2009): The development of university teachers’ competencies in order to insure the teaching quality, Ministry of Education and research, University Aurel Vlaicu, Arad, Romania, Educatia Plus, Anul VI.Nr.1. Vol. 9, pp. 97-107.
3. Bojanić, R., Kovačević, I., Nikolić, D., Konjović, Z. (2015): Effciency of educational process as one of the ranking measures at universities, respectively, faculties, TREND 2015, University of Novi Sad
4. James, O., Douglas, A., Sanford, Jr., Douglas, N. R. (2008): Does ratemyprofessor.com really rate my professor? Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, Routledge, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 355–368.
5. Janošević, M., Novković, N., Tešanović, D. (2010): Menadžment logističkog lanca u distribuciji hrane, Ekonomika poljoprivrede, No. 4, pp. 625-635, Belgrade
6. Kuiper, Sh., College, G. ( 2008): Introduction to Multiple Regression: How Much Is Your Car Worth?, Journal of Statistics Education, Vol. 16, No. 3, available at: (www.amstat.org/publications/jse/v16n3/datasets.kuiper.html)
7. Kovač, V., Ledić, J., Rafajac, B. (2002): Managing higher education institutions: Problems and solution approaches, Zagreb, Društvena istraživanja No. 6, pp. 1013-1030
8. Leu, E. (2005). The Role of Teachers, Schools, and Communities in Quality Education: A Review of the Literature, Washington, DC: Academy for Educational Development
9. Milojević, I., Zekić, M. (2015): Organizaciona struktura preduzeća kao pretpostavka konsolidacije bilansa, Oditor, Belgrade, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 22-28.
10. Milutinović, J. (2009): Different approaches to education quality, Zbornik Matice srpske za društvene nauke, Novi Sad, Vol. 128, No. 1, pp. 75-88.
11. Muller, C.M., Hofmann, V. (2014): Does being assigned to a low school track negatively affect psychological adjustment? A longitudinal study in the frst year of secondary school, School Effectiveness and School Improvement, An International Journal of Research, Policy and Practice, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 95-115
12. Pastuović, N. (2005): Theory of curriculum, national, educational standard and catalogues of knowledge, Zagreb, Methodics, Vol. 6, No. 1.
13. SPSS Survival manual, Julie Pallant, 2007.
14. Hadživuković, S. (1989): Statistica, Privredni pregled, Beograd
15. Strategy of education development in Srbija, Offcial Newsletter, RS,72/2012
16. Schools and quality (1998): Beograd, Zavod za udžbenike i nastavna sredstva
17. Šegrt, S., Kolarski, I. (2015): Uslovi egzistencije preduzeća, Oditor, Belgrade, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 32-41.
18. Vukelić, N., Novković, N. (2009): Ekonomski rezultati proizvodnje mleka na krupnim seljačkim gazdinstvima, Ekonomika poljoprivrede No. 56, Belgrade pp. 99-110
19. Vukelić, N., Rodić, V., Novkovic, N., Bošnjak, D. (2010): An analysis of the Serbian poultry meat sector, Ekonomika poljoprivrede, Vol. 57, special no. 1, pp. 374-381, Belgrade.
20. Yorke, M. (2003): Formative assessment in higher education: Moves towards theory and the enhancement of pedagogic practice, Higher Education, Vol. 45, pp. 477–501.