Packaging and viability of food product
Packaging is the holder and makes it all that into what the product is put. During its preparation in use are different materials: glass, paper, wood, plastic, metal, ceramic. In packaging design involved experts from different fields-technologists, economists, marketing experts, designers, psychologists etc. Functional suitable packaging is becoming an effective mediator between producers and customer functions of packaging are different, the most important are following: protection and sustainability of food products, transportation products, easier usability of products, economy, identification and information, motivation, shopping, helping form a good image of the product and recycling after use and conservation of natural habitat. Image product is the overall impression that the product creates a potential customer and includes values, attitudes, and stereotypes about him. Image is not static assumption, but is a process that moves from initial phase of the image-formation and its relative stability. However large number of producers, competitors, particularly large number of similar products developed markets requires a good familiarity with distinction, which is achieved by image producers, or its products. Aim of this work of implementing packaging materials and choice, producers of food products around appropriate packaging and requirements in order to successfully meet demands of sustainability of packed food quality products that they face a modern consumer society.
1. Bureau, G., Multon, JL, (1996): Food Packaging Technology, Vol. I, VCH Publishers, Inc.. New York, Weinehim, Cambridge, 367,
2. DEFRA, (2006): Defra scripting of operational plan for packaging waste, June2006.
3. Geoffrey ML, (1993), Packaging in the Environment, Blackie Academic and Professional, Glasgow,
4. Gvozdenovic Jasna, Vera Lazic, Trmcic Snezana (2004): Eco Packages, new ecological Programes for food packing 11 th Meeting of Pulp and Paper Industry of Southeast European Countries. Page10. Opatija Croatia
5. Snezana Trmcic, J. Gvozdenovic, D. Jancic (2010): Packaging-an important factor in the system of safe organic food production XII yucorr, International Conference, p.p.81 Tara, Serbija.