STATE OF AGRO-FOOD FOREIGN TRADE IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Trade of agricultural products plays an important role in food security, development of production and processing of products, strengthening the economy and GDP growth. The aim of this paper is to establish the trend of trade of food, live animals, drinks and tobacco in Bosnia and Herzegovina (B&H). Foreign trade of food products in B&H has been investigated for the past six years (2012- 2017). In B&H, annual import of agricultural and food products exceeds BAM 2.5 million and the export is approximately BAM 600 million. Food production is a strategic interest of every country. The coverage of import by export was the highest in 2017 (29.9%) and 2016 (29.4%), while the lowest was in 2014 (18.4%). During the investigated period, there was a deficit of trade in B&H. Both export and import in agro-food sector have been increasing recently, while the volume of export has a higher growth than import.
2. (ASB&H) Agency for Statistics of Bosnia and Herzegovina (2015). Bosnia and Hercegovina’s Foreign Trade - goods statistics. First Release, Sarajevo, January-February 2015.
3. Berjan, S., Hamid El Bilali, Jankovic S., Radosavac, A., Stojanovic, A. (2015). Agricultural and Rural Development Governance and Coordination in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Economics of Agricultures, LXII, (1), 95-106.
4. Cvijanović, D., Trandaflović, S., & Imamović, N. (2013). Marketing concept in terms of agricultural enterprises development in transitional countries. Economics of Agriculture, 60(1), 113-122.
5. Cameron, G., Proudman, J., & Redding, S. (2005). Technological convergence, R&D, trade and productivity growth. European Economic Review, 49, 775-807.
6. Ćejvanović, F., Ivanković, M., Lasić, M., & Vaško, Ž. (2014). The impact of foreign trade in agricultural products of Bosnia and Herzegovina within the framework of CEFTA 2006. Economics of Agriculture, 61(4), 975-987.
7. Dinu, T.A., Enache, C., Condei, R., Niculae, I., & Stoian, E. (2015). Romania’s Foreign trade in agricultural products measurement methods and techniques. Journal of Eastern Europe Research in Business and Economics.
8. Kefela, G. T. (2011). Driving Forces of Globalization in Emerging Market Economies Developing Countries. Asian Economic and Financial Review, 1(2), 83-94.
9. Liapis, P. (2011). Changing patterns of trade in processed agricultural products, OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers, No. 47, OECD Publishing.
10. FAO (2014). The Water-Energy-Food Nexus. Concept Note. Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome.
11. McCornick, P.G., Awulachew, S.B., & Abebe, M. (2008). Water-food-energy environment synergies and trade-offs: major issues and case studies. Water Policy, 10, 23-36.
12. (MOFTER B&H) Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of Bosnia and Herzegovina, (2013). Agriculture Report for Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2012.
13. (MOFTER B&H) Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations Bosnia and Herzegovina, (2015): Analysis of the economic burden of Republic of Srpska, Sarajevo, (ISFB&H) Institute for Statistics of FB&H, Statistical year book, Sarajevo, pp. 256-282.
14. Putićová, M., & Mezera, J. (2011). Competitiveness of the Czech food industry. Agric. Econ. Czech, 57(9), 413-421.
15. Radosavac, A., & Pejanovic, R. (2012). Macroeconomic factors of development (agro) industry Republic of Srpska, Third International Scientific Symposium, AgroSym, Jahorina, p.644-649.
16. Radosavac, A. (2014). Entrepreneurship as a factor for the development of agro economy of the Republic of Serbia, PhD thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, Serbia.
17. Radosavac, A., Rosandić, A., Demirović, D., Knezevic, D. (2015). The share od food products in foreign trade of Bosnia and Herzegovina, International Journal of Scientific Research, 4(8), 3-5.
18. Rusali, M.A. (2014). Assessments upon Romanian agri-food processing sector: structure and evolution in the foreign trade, Lucrări Ştiinţifce, Seria I, XVI, 1, 29-33, USAMVB Timişoara.
19. Rusali, M.A. (2013). Assessments of Romania’s agrifood processing sector competitiveness on international market, Bulletin of USAMV Cluj-Napoca. Horticulture 70 (1-2), 1-8. Academic Pres Cluj-Napoca.
20. Wiebe, K. (2003). Linking land quality, agricultural productivity and food security. Resource economics division, economic research service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. Agricultural Economic Report No.823.