FOSTERING ENTERPRENUERSHIP AT HIGH SCHOOLS: A CASE OF RURAL AREAS IN VOJVODINA (SERBIA)
An early entrepreneurial education has a positive inﬂuence on decisions of young people to engage in entrepreneurial activities. Long term unemployment among young people is a characteristic of Republic of Serbia. The youth unemployment can be decreased by directing and encouraging young people to start their own businesses, but shaping the entrepreneurial aspirations should take primacy. These aspirations must be founded on knowledge, skills, social involvement and networking. Educational system should be adjusted to follow economic and market shifts. In this paper, research was conducted in four high schools in rural municipalities of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina. The pupils were given a questioner regarding their entrepreneurial aspirations. Based on the collected data, measures for altering and complementing curriculums in high schools can be designed. Early entrepreneurial education is helping young population to build their careers on realistic grounds and compatible with ongoing global trends.
2. Carayannis, E., Evans, D., Hanson, M. (2003): A cross-cultural learning strategy for entrepreneurship education: outline of key concepts and lessons learned from a comparative study of entrepreneurship students in France and the US, Technovation, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 757–771, Elsevier B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
3.Đuran, J. (2012): Preduzetnički pristup akademskom obrazovanju, Agroekonomika, vol. 53-54, pp. 80-88, Poljoprivredni fakultet, Novi Sad, Srbija.
4. Fayolle, A. (2008): Entrepreneurship education at a crossroads: towards a more mature teaching feld, Journal of Enterprising Culture, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 325-337, World Scientifc Publishing, Singapore.
5. Gensowski, M., Heckman, J., Savelyev, P. (2011): The Effects of Education, Personality, and IQ on Earnings of High-Ability Men, The University of Chicago, Chicago, USA.
6. Grilo, I., Thurik, R. (2016): Entrepreneurship in the old and new Europe, Scalespaper N200516, [Online] Available at: www.ondernemerschap.nl/pdf-ez/N200516.pdf, accessed on April 1st, 2016.
7. Heckman, J., Rubinstein, Y. (2001): The Importance of Noncognitive Skills: Lessons from the GED Testing Program, The American Economic Review, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 145-149, American Economic Association, Nashville, Tennessee.
8. Korhonen, M., Komulainen, K., Räty, H. (2011): Bringing up global or local citizens? Pupils’ narratives of spatial selves in Finnish entrepreneurship education, Young, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 45–67, SAGE publishing, Thousand Oaks, California.
9. Markov, S., Mirkov, S. (2006): Preduzetničke težnje studenata u Vojvodini. Filozofski fakultet, Novi Sad, Srbija.
10. Milojević, I., Zekić, M. (2015): Organizaciona struktura preduzeća kao predpostavka konsolidacije bilansa, Oditor, No. 12, pp. 22-28.
11. Napier, G., Rouvinen, P., Johansson, D., Finnbjörnsson, T., Solberg, E., Pedersen, K. (2012): The Nordic Growth Entrepreneurship Review 2012, fnal report, Nordic Innovation, Oslo, Norway.
12. NIC - Nordic Innovation Centre (2005): Creating Opportunities for Young Entrepreneurship – Nordic examples and experiences, executive summary, Nordic Innovation Centre, Oslo, Norway.
13. Oosterbeek, H., van Praag, M., Ijsselstein, A. (2010): The impact of entrepreneurship education on entrepreneurship skills and motivation, European Economic Review, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 442–454, Elsevier B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
14. Peterman, N., Kennedy, J. (2003): Enterprise education: Inﬂuencing students’ perceptions of entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 129-144, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey.
15. Raposo, M., do Paço, A. (2011): Entrepreneurship education: Relationship between education and entrepreneurial activity, Psicothema, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 453-457, the Psychology Faculty of the University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain.
16. Rot, N. (2010): Osnovi socijalne psihologije, Filozofski fakultet, Beograd, Srbija.
17. Rusu, S., Isac, F., Cureteanu, R., Csorba, L. (2012): Entrepreneurship and entrepreneur: A review of literature concepts, African Journal of Business Management, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 3570-3575, Academic Journal, Ebène, Mauritius.
18. Schoof, U. (2006): Stimulating Youth Entrepreneurship: Barriers and incentives to enterprise start-ups by young people, SEED Working Paper No. 76, International Labour Offce, Geneva, Switzerland.
19. Souitaris, V., Zerbinati, S., Al-Laham, A. (2007): Do entrepreneurship programmes raise entrepreneurial intention of science and engineering students? The effect of learning, inspiration and resources, Journal of Business Venturing, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 566-591, Elsevier B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
20. Stevenson, L., Lundström, A. (2001): Paterns and trends in entrepreneurship/SME policy and practice in ten economies. Entrepreneurship Policy for the Future Series, Swedish Foundation for Small Business Research, Stockholm, Sweden.
21. Stojanović, M., Radaković, D., Šolić-Vojinović, M., Bubanja, J. (2012): Državna služba? Ne, hvala, ja sam preduzetnik, Građanske inicijative, Beograd, Srbija.
22. Van der Merwe, S., Swardt, G. (2008): Small business owner-managers’ perceptions of entrepreneurship in the Emfuleni district, South African Journal of Economic and Management Sciences, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 449-464, University of Pretoria, Pretoria.
23. Viduka, B. (2014): Percepcija mladih o osobinama i sposobnostima potrebnim za preduzetništvo, Poslovna ekonomija, vol. 1/2014, pp. 239-258, Univerzitet Educons, Sremska Kamenica, Srbija.
24. Vuletić, V., Stanojević, D. (2010): Istraživački izveštaj o položaju mladih u Republici Srbiji: Neformalno obrazovanje mladih u Srbiji, Filozofski fakultet, Institut za sociološka istraživanja, Beograd, Srbija.
25. Young, L. (2014): Enterprise for all – the relevance of enterprise in education, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, London, UK.
26. Žarković Rakić, J. (2014): Povećanje zaposlenosti u Srbiji: Nekoliko mogućih rešenja. Kako povećati zaposlenost u Srbiji?, Univerzitet u Novom Sadu, Novi Sad, Srbija.
27. www.ec.europa.eu/eurostat (accessed on September 2016).