PUSH AND PULL FACTORS DETERMING WINE TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN THE „TRI MORAVE” SUB-REGION
The subject of this paper are the factors affecting the decision of wine tourists to take a trip to a particular destination. These factors can be divided into internal (push) and external (pull) factors. The purpose of this study is to determine the development potential as well as the factors that inﬂuence participation in wine tourism in Tri Morave sub-region. In order to do that, two researches were conducted: one on the offer side and another on the demand side. Based on the results of the survey on the offer side, one can conclude that Tri Morave sub-region abounds in natural and anthropological resources that should be turned into an integrated wine product. On the other hand, research concerning tourist demand was conducted by polling winery visitors. The obtained data confrms assumptions about the appearance of modern tourists seeking authentic experience, satisfaction of hedonistic needs, and enjoyment of high-quality wine and food. Based on the results of the survey, the purchase of wine and wine tasting are the highest ranked benefts that tourists expect from visits to wineries. The application of Spearman’s correlation coeffcient points to statistically signifcant correlation between respondents, who referred to tasting, wine purchase, and authentic tourist experience as the basic motives of their visit, and future behavior of tourists in terms of revisiting and recommendations of the given wine destination to friends.
2. Bruwer, J. (2003): South African wine routes: some perspectives on the wine tourism industry’s structural dimensions and wine tourism product. TourismManagement, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 423-435. (available at: http://turismorural.org.br/download/20080611132932.pdf).
3. Bruwer, J. (2013): Service quality perceptions and satisfaction in a New Zealand festivalscape: buying behavior effects. Tourism Analysis, Vol.18, No. 1, 61-77. (available at: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/cog/ta/2013/00000018/00000001/art00005).
4. Bruwer, J., Alant, K. (2009): The hedonic nature of wine tourism consumption: an experiental view, International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 235-257. (available at: www.academia.edu/22568764/The_hedonic_nature_of_wine_tourism_consumption_an_experiential_view).
5. Bruwer, J., Lesschaeve, I. (2012): Wine tourists’ destination region brand image perception and antecedents: conceptualisation of a winescape framework, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 611-628.
6. Bruwer, J., Lesschaeve, Gray, D., Alampi Sottini, V. (2000): Brand Perception by wine Tourists within a Winescape Framework, available at: http://academyofwinebusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bruwer-Lesschaeve-Sottini-Gray.pdf.
7. Byrd, E., T., Canziani, B., Hsieh, Y.C., Debbage, K., Sonmez, S.(2016): Wine tourism: Motivating visitors through core and supplementary services, Tourism Management 52, pp. 19-29.
8. Corigliano, M. A. (1996): Caratteristiche della Domanda Strategie di Offerta e Aspetti Territoriali e Ambientali [Demand characteristics of supply and Satrategie Territorial and Environmental Aspects]. Milano: Franco Angeli.
9. Di-Gregorio, D., Licari, E. (2006): Rural development and wine tourism in Southern Italy. Proceedings of 46th Congress of the European Regional Science Association (pp. 1-26). Volos, Greece: European Regional Science Association. (available at http://www.econstor.eu/handle/10419/118448).
10. Hall, C.M. (1996): Wine tourism in New Zeland, In J. Higham (Ed), Preceedings of the Tourism Down Under II: A research conference, University of Otago, pp. 109-119.
11. Hall, C.M., Sharples, E., Cambourne, B., Macionis, N. (2000): Wine and Tourism Around the World, Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann.
12. Hall, M.C. (2005): Biosecurity and winetourism, Tourism Management, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 931-938. (available at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261517704001360)
13. Heaney, L. (2003): Tapping the barrel: profling domestic wine tourist. 1998-2001, BTR Tourism Research Report, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 39-43.
14. Ivanišević, D., Jakšić, D., Korać, N. (2015): Vinogradarski atlas, (available at: www.popispoljoprivrede.stat.rs).
15. Ivkov, M., Blešić, I., Popov Raljić, J., Ivkov Džigurski, A., Pivac, T., Jovanović, T. (2015): Visitors’ motives for attending a hybrid event: A case study of Agricultural fair, Economics of Agriculture, vol 62, No. 1, pp. 9-28. (available at: http://bsaae.bg.ac.rs/images/Ekonomika%20kompletna/2015/EP%20-%201%20-%202015%20-%20fnal.pdf)
16. Jakšić, D., Ivanišević, D., Đokić, V., Brbaklić-Tepavac, M. (2015): Vinski Atlas, Republički zavod za stastistiku, Republika Srbija, Beograd 2015.
17. Johnson, G. (1998): Tourism in New Zealand: A National Survey of Wineries, master thesis, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
18. Johnson, R. Bruwer, J. (2007): Regional brand image and perceived wine quality: the consumer perspective, International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol .19, No. 4, pp. 276-297. (available at:
19. Marzo-Navarro, M., Pedraya-Iglesias, M. (2009): Profle of a wine tourist and the correspondence between destination and preferred wine: A study in Aragon, Spain, Journal of Travel Tourism Marketing, Vol. 26, No. 7, 670-687. (available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10548400903281251)
20. Nella, A., Christou, E., Lymperopoulos, C., Sigala, M. (2000): Investigating differences between domestic and international winery visitors in Greece. (available at: http://www.ahtmm.com/proceedings/2012/2ndahtmmc_submission_330.pdf)
21. Pivac, T. (2012): Vinski turizam Vojvodine, monografja, Departman za geografju, turizam i hotelijerstvo, Novi Sad.
22. Popp, L. (2013): Understanding the push and pull motivations and itinerary patterns of wine tourists, Ph.D. dissertation, Michigan State University.
23. Škrbić, I., Jegdić, V., Milošević, S., Tomka, D. (2015): Development of Sremski Karlovci wine tourism and integration in the regional tourism offer, Economics of Agriculture, vol 62, No 1, pp. 229-244. (available at: http://bsaae.bg.ac.rs/images/Ekonomika%20kompletna/2015/EP%20-%201%20-%202015%20-%20fnal.pdf).