PRODUCTION AND ECONOMIC RESULTS OF INTENSIVE CARP (Cyprinus Carpio) FARMING IN SERBIA
Carp production in Serbia is traditionally conducted in large area fsh farms under a semiintensive farming system. Total area under fsh farms in Serbia amounts to approximately 11 thousand hectares, with 8.5 thousand hectares being under exploitation each year. In 2004, a signifcant intensifcation of production began at fsh farms in Serbia which have traditionally organized their production under a classic semi-intensive farming system. Intensifcation of production was undertaken with partial or complete feeding with pelleted complete feeds. That way carp production per area unit (kg/ha) was increased by over 50%. Apart from intensifcation by means of using the complete extruded feeds, construction of specialized fsh farms for intensive carp production started in 2003. At this moment (2016) their area amounts to several hundred hectares. Data from intensive carp fsh farms indicate that production of one- and two-year fsh has been approximately 3t/ha in the period from 2003 until today, with a mild increase during the last couple of years. With the purpose of determining the cost effectiveness of investments in fsh ponds for intensive carp production two organization-economic models have been analyzed in the study. The models have been formed based on in line with the specifc features of the Serbian carp farming, which has been analyzed both on the basis of data obtained from the scientifc and specialist literature but also from the production practice. Models of intensive carp production in technical and production sense have been defned in the study and production plans have been prepared. Therefore, based on such defned models, dynamic methods have been prepared for assessment of economic effects of the investments. The results of the analysis have demonstrated that investment in intensive carp production on 10ha fsh farm is not, and on 50ha fsh farm is barely economically justifable, as well as methods for improvement of economic effectiveness.
2. Bohl, M. (1998): Zucht und Produktion von Suesswasserfschen. DLG-Verlag. Muenchen.
3. Bugarčić, P. (2007): Geografske karakteristike i funkcije veštačkih jezera Vojvodine. Novi Sad. Prirodno matematički fakultet. Departman za geografju, turizam i hotelijerstvo.
4. Čanak, S. (2012): Economic effects of establishment and exploitation of the carp fshponds in Serbia. Doctoral dissertation, unpublished. Agricultural faculty University of Balgrade.
5. Čanak, S., Vasiljević, Z., Radivojević, D., Ivanović, S., Marković, T. (2013): Inﬂuence of the carp pond model on the amount if investments for its construction. The First International Symposium on Agricultural Engineering, 4th-6th October 2013, Belgrade – Zemun, Serbia. Pages 2/20-2/33.
6. Čičovački, S. (2016): Data’s from the fsh farm „Somborski ribnjak”, collected in Interview.
7. Ćirković, M., Jeremić, S., Ćirković, D. (2000): Intensive farming of carp fsh species. Contemporary fshery of Yugoslavia.Monograph.4th Yugoslav symposium “Fishery in Yugoslavia”. Vršac, Page 56.
8. Ćirković, M., Jovanović, B., Maletin, S. (2002): Ribarstvo, biologija, tehnologija, ekologija, ekonomija. Udžbenik. Novi Sad.
9. Ćirković, M., Ljubojević, D., Novakov, N., Đorđević, V. (2015): Gajenje i kvalitet mesa šaranskih riba. Monografja. Novi Sad: Naučni institut za veterinarstvo.
10. Đanić, Ž. (2010): Data’s from the carp farm „Đanić”, collected in interview.
11. Gospić, D. (2009): Intensive common carp farming based on practical experiences of G20, Slovenian fsh farm. IV International conference „Fishery”. Institute of animal science, Faculty of agriculture, University of Belgrade. 27- 29.5. 2009. Pages 170-174.
12. Gyalog, G., Váradi, L., Gál, D. (2011): Is intensifcation a viable way for pond culture in Central and Eastern Europe? AACL Bioﬂux4(5):584-589.
13. Horvath, L., Tamas, G. and Seagrave, C. (2002): Carp and pond fsh culture. Second edition. Fishing News Books, a division of Blackwell Science Ltd. 1992, 2002. Page 163.
14. Horvath, L., Tamas, G. and Seagrave, C. (2002): Carp and pond fsh culture. Second edition. Fishing News Books, a division of Blackwell Science Ltd. 1992, 2002. Pages 13-15.
15. Marković, Z. (2010): Šaran – gajenje u ribnjacima i kaveznim sistemima. Beograd. Izdanje prof. Dr. Zoran Marković.
16. Milošević, M. (2013): Datas from the fsh farm „Somborski ribnjak”, collected in Interview.
17. “Offcial Gazette of RS“, No. 36/2009.
18. Regulation on the fees for water in 2015: „Offcial Gazette of RS”, No. 15/2015.
19. Republic Statistical Offce- RZS (2015): Interni podaci dobijeni na osnovu zahteva autora.
20. Schäperclauss, W., Lukovics, M. (1998): Lehrbuch der Teichwirtschaft. Auﬂage: 4. Neubearbeitet. Berlin. Ulmer. Seite 554.
21. The Law on Property Taxes. „Offcial Gazette of RS”, No. 26/01, 45/02-СУС, 80/02, 135/04, 61/07, 5/09 and 101/10).