RURAL RESIDENTS’ PERCEPTIONS ON ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF CULTURAL AND PROMOTIONAL ASPECTS OF TOURISM
This study investigates residents’ attitudes to tourism impacts (marketing, culture etc.) on Fruška Gora Mountain (Serbia), within the larger framework of economic impacts. The correspondence analysis of the perception of local residents showed that residents have a generally positive attitude to wards the development of tourism considering its economic aspects, and then the desk study show edjustification of positive attitudes, thus confirming the main hypothesis. Accord ing to the analysis of the opinions of the local residents, it was found that the local residents positively perceived economic impact of tourism in two aspects: through increase in number of employees (employment and self-employment) as well as through the development of the community. The development of tourism in any destination in evitably leads to an increase of domestic and foreign investment, which then leads to the construction of infrastructure and suprastructure facilities, the introduction of various tourist taxis, and if it is possible, as it is the case with Fruška Gora Mountain, it can lead to a success-ful cross-border cooperation.
2. Andriotis, K., & Vaughan, R. (2003). Urban residents´ attitudes toward tourism development: The case of creta. Journal of Travel Research, 42(2), 172–185. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0047287503257488v
3. Berić, D., &J ovičić, A. (2012). Cruising tourism Novi Sad and Belgrade residents’ experience analyse. Journal of the Geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijić” SASA, 62(2), 67-80. https://doi.org/10.2298/IJGI1202067B
4. Bramwell, B. (2011). Governance, the state and sustainable tourism: a political economy approach. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 19(4/5), 459–477. https://doi.org/10.1080/09669582.2011.576765
5. Brankov, J., Jovičić, D., &Milijašević, D. (2015). Sustainable Tourism in National Park “Đerdap”, Serbia – Attitudes of Local Population. Journal of the Geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijić” SASA, 65(2), 183-199. https://doi.org/10.2298/IJGI1502183B
6. Chen, J.S. (2000). An Investigation of Urban Tourism Residents’ Loyalty of Tourism. Journal of Travel and Tourism Research, 24(1), 5–19. https://doi.org/10.1108/09596110110381870
7. Cross-border programme Croatia-Serbia. Retrieved from www.croatia-serbia.com (January 21, 2020).
8. Dubois, C.L.Z., & Dubois, D.A. (2012). Strategic HRM as social design for environmental sustainability in organization. Human resource management, 51(6), 799–821. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.21504
9. Gajić, T., Vujko, A., Tretiakova, N.T., Petrović, M., Radovanović, M., & Vuković, D. (2019). Evaluation of service quality and development of rural tourism – (Serbia) Case Study. Deturope – The Central European Journal of Regional Development and Tourism, 11(2), 4-22.
10. Gajić, T., Vujko, A., Petrović, M.D., Mrkša, M., & Penić, M. (2018). Examination of regional disparity in the level of tourist offer in rural clusters of Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, 65(3), 911-929. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekoPolj1803911G
11. Hung-Lee, T., & Haun-Jan, F. (2019). Can community-based tourism contribute to sustainable development? Evidence from residents’ perceptions of the sustainability. Tourism Management, 70, 368-380. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2018.09.003
12. Ishikawa, N., & Fukushibe, M. (2006). Who expects the municipalities to take initiative in tourism development? Residents´ attitudes of AmamiOshima Island in Japan. Tourism Management, 28, 461–475. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.03.008
13. Kuvan, Y., & Akan, P. (2005). Residents’ attitudes toward general and forest-related impacts of tourism: the case of Belek, Antalya. Tourism Management, 26(5), 691–706. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2004.02.019
14. Lepp, A. (2007). Residents´ attitudes towards tourism in Bigodi village, Uganda. Tourism Management, 28(3), 876–885. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.03.004
15. Latkova, P., & Vogt, C.A. (2012). Residents’ attitudes toward existing and future tourism development in rural communities. Journal of Travel Research, 51, 50-67. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287510394193
16. Liu, A., & Wall, G. (2006). Planning tourism employment: a developing country perspective. Tourism management, 27(1), 159–170. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2004.08.004
17. Mason, P., & Cheyne, J. (2000). Residents attitudes to proposed tourism development. Annals of Tourism Research, 27(2), 391-411. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(99)00084-5
18. McGehee, N., & Andereck, K. (2004). Factors predicting rural residents´ support of tourism. Journal of Travel Research, 43(2), 131–140. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287504268234
19. Ministry of Finance and economy, Republic of Serbia. Retrieved from www.mfp.gov.rs (January 21, 2020).
20. Mitchell, R.E., & Reid, D.G. (2001). Community Integration: Island Tourism in Peru. Annals of Tourism Research, 28(1), 113-139. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(00)00013-X
21. Nunkoo, R., &Ramkissoon, H. (2011). Developing a community support model for tourism. Annals of Tourism Research, 38(3), 964-988. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2011.01.017
22. Purcell, M., & Nevins, J. (2005). Pushing the boundary: state restructuring, state theory, and the case of US: Mexico border enforcement in the 1990s. Political Geography, 24(2), 211–235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polgeo.2004.09.015
23. Podovac, M., Đorđević, N., & Milićević, S. (2019). Rural tourism in the function of life quality improvement of rural population on Gočmountain. Economics of Agriculture, 66(1), 205-221. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekoPolj1901205P
24. Ryan, C., & Cave, J. (2005). Structuring destination image: A qualitative approach. Journal of Travel Research, 44(2), 143–150. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287505278991
25. Ruhanen, L. (2013). Local government: facilitator or inhibitor of sustainable tourism development. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 21(1), 80–98. https://doi.org/10.1080/09669582.2012.680463
26. Saveriades, A. (2000). Establishing the Social Tourism Carrying Capacity for theTourist Resorts of the East Coast of the Republic of Cyprus. Tourism Management, 21(2), 147-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(99)00044-8
27. Schoroeder, T. (1996). The relationship the residents’ image of their state as a tourist destination and their support for tourism. Journal of Travel Research, 34(4), 71–74. https://doi.org/10.1177/004728759603400411
28. Srdanović, M., & Pavić, D. (2015). Tourists’ attitudes on tourism offer in northwestern part of Montenegro.Journal of the Geographical Institute “Jovan Cvijić” SASA, 65(2), 97-108. https://doi.org/10.2298/IJGI1502201S
29. Szivas, E., Riley, M., & Airey, D. (2003). Labor mobility into tourism: attraction and satisfaction. Annals of Tourism Research, 30(1), 64–76. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(02)00036-1
30. Vargas-Sanchez, A., Porras-Bueno, N., & Plaza-Mejia, A. (2010). Explaining residentsatitudes to tourism, is a universal model possible. Annals of Tourism Research, 38(2), 460–480. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2010.10.004
31. Vojvodina Investment Promotion. Retrieved from www.vip.org.rs (January 21, 2020).
32. Vujko, A., & Plavša, J. (2014). Evaluation of National Park Fruška Gora (Serbia) for sport and recreational tourism. ActageographicaSlovenica, 54(2), 321-334. https://doi.org/10.3986/AGS54206
33. Vujko, A., Gajić, T., Penić, M., & Petrović, M. (2019). Development Perspectives of Rural Tourism Policy – a Comparative Study of Rural Tourism Competitiveness Based on Perceptions of Tourism Workers in Slovenia and Serbia. Eastern European Countryside, 24(1), 144-154. https://doi.org/10.2478/eec-2018-0007
34. Vujko, A., Delić-Jović, M., Zečević, S.O., Zečević, L., & Nedeljković, D. (2020). Gastronomy as a mean of marketing management and rural destination development. Serbian Journal of Engeenering Management, 5(1), 1-13. https://doi.org/10.5937/SJEM2001001V
35. Vuković, D., Vujko, A., Maiti, M., & Riad, S. (2019). Residents’ perceptions of wine tourism on the rural destinations development. British Food Journal, 122(8), 2739-2753. https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-04-2019-0291
36. Vunjak, M.N., Vujko, A., Dragosavac, M., & Antonijević, N.T. (2020): Descriptive statistics in corporate management and employee engagement in rural destinations. Economics of Agriculture, 67(4), 1087-1101. https://doi.org/10.5937/ekoPolj2004087V
37. Zhang, J., Inbakaran-Robert, J., & Jackson-Mervyn, S. (2006). Understanding community attitudes towards tourism and host–guest interaction in the urbanrural border region. Tourism Geographies, 88(2), 182–204. https://doi.org/10.1080/14616680600585455