RURAL TOURISM IN THE FUNCTION OF LIFE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT OF RURAL POPULATION ON GOČ MOUNTAIN
The aim of the paper is to determine the possibilities for improving rural tourism on the mountain Goč, as well as how this type of tourism can affect the quality of life of the rural population in this area. The methods used in this paper include fieldwork and cabinet research. The survey was carried out on random sample by sending a questionnaire via e-mail. The research involved 150 respondents. Mountain Goč has resources for the development of rural tourism. It is necessary to improve the quality of accommodation capacities and the quality of additional content of rural tourism. The development of rural tourism on the mountain Goč can have favorable impacts on the quality of life of the rural population.
2. Barbieri, C. (2013). Assessing the sustainability of agritourism in the US: a comparison between agritourism and other farm entrepreneurial ventures, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 21(2), 252–270.
3. Đenadić, M., Muhi, B., & Jovanović, V.D. (2016). Rural tourism – Serbia’s missed chance, Economics of Agriculture, 63(2), 515-529.
4. Garrod, B., Wornell, R., & Youell R., (2006). Re-conceptualising rural resources as contryside capital: The case of rural tourism, Journal of Rural Studies, 22, 117-128.
5. Grossman E. (2013). Kurokawa No: Shaping the Image and Perception of Japan’s Folk Traditions, Performing Arts and Rural Tourism, Global Oriental.
6. Irshad, H. (2010). Rural tourism – An overview, Government of Alberta, Agriculture and Rural Development, Retrieved from, https://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$Department/deptdocs.nsf/all/csi13476/$FILE/Rural-Tourism.pdf (October 12, 2018)
7. Jaszczak, A., & Žukovskis, J. (2010). Tourism business in development of European rural areas. Management theory and studies for rural business and infrastructure development, 20(1), 35-44.
8. Košić, K., Demirović, D., Pejanović, R., Lazić, L., & Stamenković, I. (2015). Key principles of rural tourism households development strategy - Case study of Vojvodina, Economics of Agriculture 62(4), 975-988.
9. Kostić, M., & Petrović, M. (2013). The importance of biodiversity conservation as a factor of ecotourism development at the Goč mountain. Hotel and Tourism Management, 1(1), 56-66.
10. Lane, B. (1994). What is Rural Tourism? In: Bramwell B, Lane B, editors. Rural Tourism and Sustainable Rural Development. Clevedon: Channel View Publications.
11. Liu, C.Z. (2002). A Study on Leisure Agriculture and Rural Development. The Journal of Rural Development Perspectives, Vol. 3, 19-33.
12. Maksimović, M., Urošević, S., & Mihajlović, D. (2015). The Effects of the Development of Rural Tourism on Stara Planina, Ekonomika, 61(2), 83-92.
13. McGehee, N.G., & Kim, K. (2004). Motivation for agri-tourism entrepreneurship. Journal of Travel Research, 43(2), 161–170.
14. Milićević, S., & Đorđević, N. (2015). Potentials for the development of Goč mountain as a rural tourism destination. Ekonomija teorija i praksa, 8(4), 86-97. [in Serbian: Milićević, S., & Đorđević, N. (2015). Potencijali za razvoj planine Goč kao destinacije ruralnog turizma].
15. Milićević, S., & Podovac, M. (2012). Potentials for rural tourism development on Goč, 1st Professional Conference about Rural Tourism and Sustainable Development, Kragujevac, November 23, 2012. 75-83. [in Serbian: Milićević, S., & Podovac, M. (2012). Potencijali planine Goč za razvoj ruralnog turizma].
16. Milićević, S., Podovac, M., & Čavlin, M. (2015). Resources for development of the Rača municipality as rural tourism destination, Economics of Agriculture, 62(3), 751-765.
17. Mitchell, M., & Hall, D. (2005). Rural Tourism as Sustainable Business: Key Themes and Issues, in Rural Tourism and Sustainable Business, Hall D., Kirkpatrick I. and Mitchell M. (eds), Channel View Publications, 3-14.
18. Molera, L., & Albaladejo, I. P. (2007). Profiling segments of tourists in rural areas of South-Eastern Spain, Tourism Management, 28, 757–767.
19. Municipality of Vrnjačka Banja (2018). Sustainable Tourism Development Program on the Mountain Goč, 2011-2021, revised edition.
20. Municipality of Vrnjačka Banja. (2013). Sustainable Development Strategy of the Municipality of Vrnjačka Banja. Vrnjačka Banja.
21. Njegovan, Z., Demirović, D., & Radović, G. (2015). Managing sustainable development of rural tourism in Vojvodina, Škola biznisa, 1/2015, 68-79.[in Serbian: Njegovan, Z., Demirović, D., and Radović, G. (2015). Upravljanje održivim razvojem ruralnog turizma u Vojvodini].
22. Pallant, J. (2009). SPSS Survival Manual. Mikro knjiga, Beograd.[in Serbian: Pallant, J. (2009). SPSS: Priručnik za preživljavanje]
23. Pavlović, S., & Đorđević, T. (2013). Forecasts of the rural tourism development in Kosjerić and Gornji Milanovac municipalities. Journal of the Geographical Institute Jovan Cvijic, SASA, 63(1), 47-64.
24. Phillip, S., Hunter, C., & Blackstock, K. (2010). A typology for defining agritourism. Tourism Management, 31(6), 754–758.
25. Podovac, M., & Milićević, S. (2013). Entrepreneurship in function of rural tourism development of mountain Goč, 5th Scientific Conference RISE 2013-Entrepreneurship as a Chance, Faculty of Business in Valjevo, Singidunum University, November 18-19, 2013, Valjevo, 155-161. [in Serbian: Podovac, M., and Milićević, S. (2013). Preduzetništvo u funkciji razvoja ruralnog turizma planine Goč].
26. Prentović R., Kurjački A., & Cvijanović D. (2012). Hunting in Rural Areas of Bačka, Economics of Agriculture, 59(3), 385-400.
27. Saarinen, J., & Lenao, M. (2014). Integrating tourism to rural development and planning in the developing world, Development Southern Africa, 31(3), 363–372.
28. Sharpley, R. (2002). Rural tourism and the challenge of tourism diversification: The case of Cyprus. Tourism Management, 23(3), 233–244.
29. Simić, V. (2015). Entrepreneurship in tourism on the example of good practice: Ethno villages Latkovac in Serbia. Ekonomski signali: poslovni magazin, 10(2), 57-69.
30. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, 2011 Census of Population, Retrieved from http://popis2011.stat.rs/, (October 16, 2018)
31. Štetić, S. (2012). Specific Features of Rural Tourism Destinations Management, Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, Special Issue, vol. 1, 131-137.
32. Toader, V., Sofica, A., Petrescu, C. D., Negrusa, A. L., & Balint, C. (2013). Best practices in developing rural tourism in Cluj County, Romania. In Proceedings of The International Conference on Tourism, Transport, and Logistics 2013, 513-517.
33. Vrnjačka Banja, Goč mountain, Retrieved from http://www.vrnjackabanja.co.rs/srpski/sadrzaj/turizamglmeni/planinagocglmeni, (October 16, 2018)