THE ROLE OF DIGITAL MARKETING IN PROMOTION OF WINE FROMAP KOSOVO AND METOHIJA
The territories of AP Kosovo and Metohija represent the challenging and fast-growing wine market. However, many wine producers from Kosovo and Metohija are forced to acquire an innovative marketing approach which provides enhanced consumer experience and value. Therefore, they have implemented various marketing strategies in order to develop a positive brand reputation and create new opportunities for small and medium-sized wine producers. This paper aims to inspect the role of digital marketing in promotion of wine from Kosovo and Metohija, which enables producers to combine and integrate different marketing techniques in order to promote their strengths, that is, brand. Based on the primary data collected through the questionnaires, in-depth interviews and surveys, this study attempts to show how using digital marketing is statistically significant with reported increases in wine sale. The findings show that digital marketing facilitates the implementation of various marketing strategies which can improve the value of the consumption experience offered to the customer.
2. Ahmeti B. (2015). Digital Marketing Insights and Opportunities in Kosovo. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/307820767_Digital_Marketing_Insights_and_Opportunities_in_Kosovo (July 7, 2018).
3. Atkin T. & Sutanonpaiboon. (2007). A Multinational Study of Gender Wine Preferences. Retrived from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228755508_A_Multinational_Study_of_Gender_Wine_Preferences (July 18, 2018).
4. Barber N., Almanza B. A., Donovan J. R., (2006) Motivational factors of gender, income and age on selecting a bottle of wine, International Journal of Wine Marketing, Vol. 18 Issue: 3, pp.218-232.
5. Bernetti I, Franciosi C., Lombardi G.V. (2006). Land use change and the multifunctional role of agriculture: a spatial prediction model in an Italian rural area. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, 5 (2-3), 145-161.
6. Bruwer, J. & House, M. (2003). Has the era of regional branding arrived for the Australian wine industry? Some perspectives, The Australian & New Zeland Grapegrower & winemaner, 479: 56-61.
7. Bruwer, J. and Wood, G. (2005). The Australian Online Wine-buying Consumer: Motivational and Behavioural Perspectives. Journal of Wine Research, 16 (3), 193-211.
8. Chaffey, Dave. (2015). Digital Marketing Statistics. Smart Insights. Smart Insights, 6 January 2015
9. Choices Magazine, 22 (1). Retrieved from http://www.choicesmagazine.org/2007_1/foodchains/2007_1_06.htm (June 28, 2018).
10. Ethno villages. Wine Routes. Retrieved from http://www.serbia.com/visit-serbia/enjoy-serbia/ethno-villages/ (July 10, 2018).
11. Ivanišević D. i Jakšić D. (2014). Viticulture in Serbia According to Statistics and Viticulture Zoning [in Serbian: Иванишевић Д. и Јакшић Д. (2014). Виноградарство у Србији према статистичким подацима и виноградарској зони].
12. Jennings D., Wood C., (1994). Wine: Achieving Competitive Advantage Through Design, International Journal of Wine Marketing, Vol. 6 Issue: 1, pp.49-61.
13. Jennions B. N. (2017). 5 Wineries Putting Kosovo on the Map. Paste Magazine, July 28, 2017. Retrieved from https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles /2016/09/5-wineries-putting-kosovo-on-the-map.html (July 15, 2018).
14. Kosovo Wine Absurdistan. Retrieved from http://www.vinopedia.rs/?p=7029&lang=en (July 1, 2018)
15. Kotler P. & Armstrong G. M. (2010). Principles of Marketing. Prentice Hall, Pennsylvania State University.
16. Kotler P. & Keller K. L. (2012). Marketing Management, 14th Ed. Pp. 191-199. Pearson, London.
17. KPM. Analiza e Tregut të Reklamës në Kosovë. Komisioni i Pavarur për Media. Komisioni i Pavarur për Media, Shtator 2013.
18. Lapsley J. & Moulton K. (2001). Successful Wine Marketing. Springer, New York.
19. Lockshin, L., Rasmussen, M. and Cleary, F. (2000), The nature and roles of a wine brand, Australia and New Zealand Wine Industry Journal Special Issue on Wine Marketing, Vol. 15No. 4, pp. 17-24.
20. Mahmood Hussain, Susan Cholette, Richard Castaldi, (2007). Determinants of wine consumption of US consumers: an econometric analysis, International Journal of Wine Business Research, Vol. 19 Issue: 1, pp.49-62.
21. Nella A. & Christou E. (2014). Segmenting Wine Tourists on the Basis of Involvement with Wine. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280172371_Segmenting_Wine_Tourists_on_the_Basis_of_Involvement_with_Wine (July 6, 2018).
22. Patel-Campillo A. & DeLessio-Parson A. (2016) Why types of operations, trade associations, and production trends matter in the geographic branding of an emerging industry. Journal of Wine Research, 27 (3). pp. 242-256.
23. Pierre M. (2009). Is Branding An Efficient Tool For Wine Industry?; International Journal of Case Method Research & Application [The World Association for Case Method Research & Application 2009]. Retrieved from http://www.wacra.org/PublicDomain/IJCRA%20xxi_ii_pg128-139%20Mora.pdf (July 5, 2018).
24. Quinton, S. and Harridge-March, S. (2003). Strategic interactive marketing of wine – a case of evolution. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 21 (6), 357-362.
25. Radovanović V., Đorđević D. Ž. & Petrović J. (2017). Wine Marketing: Impact of Demographic Factors of Serbian Consumers on the Choice of Wine. Economic Themes (2017) 55 (2): 199-215. DOI 10.1515/ethemes-2017-0012. Retrieved from https://www.degruyter.com/downloadpdf/j/ethemes.2017.55.issue-2/ethemes-2017-0012/ ethemes-2017-0012.pdf. (July 7, 2018).
26. Regional brand image and perceived wine quality: the consumer perspective. International Journal of Wine Business Research, 19(4), p.289. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235278261_Regional_brand_image_and_perceived_wine_quality_The_consumer_perspective (July 1 2018).
27. Relevant attributes of Portuguese wines. Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279413677_Relevant_attributes_of_Portuguese_wines_Matching_regions_and_consumer’s_involvement_level (July 20, 2018).
28. Rex B. and Hollis N. (1997). Advertising on the Web: Is There Response before Click-Through? Journal of Advertising Research, 37 (April), 33-45.
29. Shelly R. and Thorson E. (2000). The Interactive Advertising Model: How Users Perceive and Process Online Ads. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 1(1). Retrieved from http://jiad.org/vol1/no1/rodgers/index.htm (June 25, 2018).
30. STIKK. (2013). Internet Penetration and Usage in Kosovo. STIKK. STIKK - Kosovo Association of Information and Communication Technology, Gusht 2013.
31. Stricker, S., Mueller, R. A. E. and Sumner, D. A. (2007). Marketing Wine on the Web,
32. Tabak N. & Jones R. H. (2011). Kosovo’s wines ﬂowing again. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-15401459 (July 15, 2018).
33. Three Big Mistakes your winery is Making Online. Retrieved from https://www.vinboundmarketing.com/three-big-mistakes-your-winery-is-making-online/ (July 15, 2018).
34. Who serves the wine consumer best. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.mastersofwine.org/en/events/symposium-2018/previous-symposia/bordeaux-2010/forging-links-videos/who-serves-the-wine-consumer-best.cfm (July 11, 2018).
35. Wine Branding. A Useful Tool for Sales, or Not? Wine octopus. July 7, 2016. Retrieved from https://wineoctopus.com/2016/07/07/wine-branding-a-useful-toolfor-sales-or-not/ (July 7, 2018).
36. Zeithaml, V.A. (1998) Consumer Perceptions of Price, Quality, and Value: A Means-End Model and Synthesis of Evidence. Journal of Marketing, 52, 2-22.