ASSESSMENT OF BUSINESS EFFICIENCY OF SME IN AGRIBUSINESS IN MUNICIPALITIES OF THE SERBIAN DANUBE BASIN
Based on seven economic indicators, which each in their own way measure the level of development, the I-square distance was applied and rank of municipalities located in the Danube basin defned according to presence of small and medium enterprises in agribusiness. Subsequently, by DEA methodology, as and exceptional technique to determine the effectiveness of several entities in the same feld, it was analyzed how changes in the inputs and outputs affect the end result. Study can be used as guideline for more intensive and even intra-regional development within the territory of Danube basin, and prevent the migration of young people from villages and open possibilities for their employment in small and medium entrepreneurship.
2. Beck, T., Demirguc-Kunt, A. (2006). Small and medium-size enterprises: Access to fnance as a growth constraint.
3. Birger V. (2005). Measuring rural economic development in Norway using data envelopment analysis.
4. Ivanović, B. (1979): Odredjivanje značajnosti kriterijuma razvijenosti pomoću metoda I-odstojanja. Statistička revija, 1979/3-4.
5. Ivanović B. (1963): Diskriminaciona analiza: sa primenom u ekonomskim istraživanjima, Naučna Knjiga, Beograd
6. Ivanovic, B., (1973 a). A method of establishing a list of development indicators. Paris: United Nations educational, scientifc and cultural organization.
7. Ivanovic, B., Fanchette, S., 1973. Grouping and ranking of 30 countries of SubSaharan Africa, Two distance-based methods compared. Paris: United Nations educational, scientifc and cultural organization.
8. Lilienfeld A., Asmild M. (2007). Estimation of excess water use in irrigated agriculture: A Data Envelopment Analysis approach.
9. Monchuk C. D., Chen Z., Bonaparte Y. (2010). Explaining production inefficiency in China's agriculture using data envelopment analysis and semi-parametric bootstrapping.