FARM SUSTAINABILITY – APROACHES TO MESUREMENT
In this article were examined approaches, methods and indicators of farm sustainability. Concept of sustainable development is not defnitive and it will develop in future period. As a consequence, used methods for sustainability assessment are based on simplifcation of theory. Applied indicators are just variables in area one of three sustainability dimensions: economic, environmental and social.
2. Dillon E., Hennessy T., Hynes S. (2009): Toward measurement of farm sustainability – an Irish case study, Conference of the International association of agricultural economists, Beijing, China
3. European Commission, Agriculture directorate – General, (2001): A framework for indicators for economic and social dimensions of sustainable agriculture and rural development, Brisel
4. Gafsi M., Le Tron S., Mouchet C. (2010): Organic farming is it a sustainable agriculture? ISDA, Montpellier, France, dostupno na: http://www.isda2010.net/var/isda2010/storage/original/application/9cbe439dff57f34cd972bf375d91c1bb.pdf
5. IFCN Dairy Research Center (2011): What characterise of sustainabile dairy farming?, 12. IFCN Konferencija o mleku, Univerzitet u Kilu, Nemačka
6. Kooten C., Bulte E. (2000): The economics of nature – Managing biological assets, Blackwell publishers Inc., Malden, USA
7. Mondelaers G., Van Huylenbroeck G., Lauwers L. (2011): Sustainable value analysis: Sustainability in new light, EuroChoices vol. 10, No 2
8. Van Passel S. (2007): Sustainability performance of farms: an effciency approach, Doktorska disertacija, Univerzitet Gent, Belgija, dostupno na: http://biblio.ugent.be/record/470909
9. Van Passel S. (2008) Assesing farm sustainability with value oriented methods, 12th Congress of the European association of agricultural economists, Ghent, Belgium
10. Van Passel S., Mathijs E., Van Huylenbroecu G. (2006): Explaning Differences in Farm Susutainability: Evidence from Flemish Dairy farms, dostupno na: http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/25262/1/cp06032.pdf
11. Walker J. (2002): Environmental indicators and sustainable agriculture. In: McVicar, T.R., Li Rui, Walker, J., Fitzpatrick, R.W. and Liu Changming (ed.), Regional Water and Soil Assessment for Managing Sustainable Agriculture in China and Australia, ACIAR Monograph No. 84, 323–332.