NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN RUSSIA-EU TRADE WITH AGRICULTURAL GOODS: INFLUENCES OF TRADE INTEGRATION
Trade of agricultural products in the last decades has become more and more globalized. The global trading system is now both freer and fairer than ever before, boosting global prosperity, making significant contribution to global economic development. Main goal of the paper is to analyze the current state of Russia-EU trade of agricultural products. The period of analysis includes 2001-2011. The analysis involved main exporting and importing countries for each analyzed product group. Sub-goals include an overview of the WTO threats and opportunities for Russian agriculture, and trade with agricultural products globally, as well as comparison of main consequences of WTO accession for such CIS countries as Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia and Moldova. This is also, related to state support of agricultural production in Russia and CIS and its inﬂuence on volumes, directions, structure and effectiveness of international trade with agricultural products.
2. Erokhin, V. (2010): Russian accession into WTO: new challenges for agriculture. Russian entrepreneurship, vol. 12(1), pg. 11–16.
3. Erokhin, V. & Ivolga, A. (2011) Entrepreneurship in agriculture: new challenges of international trade integration. Contemporary Agriculture: the Serbian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, no. 3–4, Vol. 60, pg. 398–402.
4. Erokhin, V., Ivolga, A. (2012): Food Sciences and Business Studies, in Horska, E., Bielik, P., Hupkova, D. and others, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra.
5. Erokhin, V., Ivolga, A. (2011): Regional aspects of trade integration: perspectives of development of entrepreneurship in agriculture, Proceedings, Conference – Sustainable agriculture and rural development in terms of the Republic of Serbia strategic goals implementation within Danube region – development of the local communities, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade, pg. 270–275.
6. Erokhin, V., Ivolga, A. (2011):Russian accession into WTO: overview of the undertaken obligations, Management of economic systems: electronic scientific magazine, vol. 12(36), Retrieved December 22, 2011, access at http://uecs.ru.
7. Erokhin, V., Ivolga, A. (2012): Russia’s WTO accession: a new driver for sustainable economic development of EU, Proceedings, International Scientific Conference - Business in the EU and in the world, Slovak University of Agriculture, Nitra, Slovak Republic.
8. Erokhin, V., Ivolga, A. (2011): WTO: how the trade integration may effect on business, Quality of entrepreneurship environment, Slovak University of Agriculture, Nitra, pg. 24–29.
9. International trade and international cargo ﬂows in 2011 (final report), Consulting company VLANT, 2012, access at http://vlant-consult.ru
10.Josling, T., Anderson, K., Schmitz, A., Tangerman, S. (2010): Understanding International Trade in Agricultural Products, One Hundred Years of Contributions by Agricultural Economists, Am. J. Agr. Econ., vol. 92(2), pg. 424-446.
11.Liapis, P. (2011): Changing Patterns of Trade in Processed Agricultural Products, OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers, No. 47, OECD Publishing.
12.Nilson, A. (2011): Commodity trade between EU-27 and CIS countries, 2000-2010, Eurostat, Statistics in focus, Vol. 40, access at http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu.