PRODUCTION AND ECONOMIC SPECIFICITIES IN GROWING OF DIFFERENT GARLIC VARIETIES
Importance of garlic is enormous for both human health and cookery. Garlic is a crop whose production does not endanger the agro-system and the eco-system, which is of special significance for organic food production. Considering that growing garlic is based on the application of agro-ecological and agro-economic principles, this paper describes the soil preparation process for planting, planting technology, application of agro-technological measures. It also gives an account of the basic characteristics of the planting material, its extraction and storage. The subject of research of this paper is to determine yield of different garlic types on two different locations in Serbia. It also aims to determine costs and calculations based on variable costs, as well as to compare economic results of production of different garlic types on family-own small-scale farms.
2. Alnaqeeb, M. A, Thomson, M., Bordia, T., Ali, M. (1996): Histopathological effects of garlic on liver and lung of rats, Toxicol. Lett., vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 157-64.
3. Andrić, J. (1998): Troškovi i kalkulacije u polјoprivrednoj proizvodnji, treće dopunjeno izdanje, Savremena administracija, Beograd, p. 181.
4. Anwar, A., Groom, M., Sadler-Bridge, D. (2009): Garlic: from nature’s ancient food to nematicide, Pesticide News, no. 84(June), pp. 18-20.
5. Berenji, J. (2004): Organsko oplemenjivanje bilja, Zbornik abstrakta III Kongresa genetičara Srbije, Subotica, p. 85.
6. Block, E. (2010): Garlic and Other Alliums: the Lore and the Science, Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK.
7. Cutler, R. R., Wilson, P. (2004): Antibacterial activity of a new, stable, aqueous extract of allicin against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Br. J. Biomed. Sci., vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 71-74.
8. Engeland, R. L. (1991): Growing Great Garlic: the Defnitive Guide for Organic Gardeners and Small Farmers, Filaree Productions, Okanogan, WA.
9. Etoh, T. (1985): Studies on the sterility in garlic. Allium sativum L., Memoirs of the faculty of agriculture of Kagoshima University, vol. 21, pp. 77-132.
10.Gogić, P. (2009): Teorija troškova sa kalkulacijama u proizvodnji i preradi polјoprivrednih proizvoda, Beograd, Mladost biro.
11. Jones, W., Goebel, R. J. (2001): Garlic and Health, In Watson R. R.: Vegetables, Fruits, and Herbs in Health Promotion, Boca Raton: CRC Press, pp. 205-216.
12.Martel, B., Cassidy, K. (2004): Chemical Risk Analysis: A Practical Handbook, Butterworth – Heinemann, London, UK.
13.McGee, H. (2004): The Onion Family: Onions, Garlic, Leeks, In: On Food and Cooking (Revised Edition), Scribner, New York, USA, pp. 310-313.
14.Nastovski, T., Chatzopoulou, P., Radovanović, D., Koutsos, T. (2004): Comparative investigation of organic Chamomile [C. Recuita (L) Rauch] production in different agroecological regions of Greece and Serbia, proceedings of IV CMAPEEC, Isai, Rumunia, pp. 183-187.
15.Pravilniku za katastarsko klasiranje i bonitiranje zemljišta, Službeni glasnik Republike Srbije, br. 61/2012.
16.Pritts, M. (2009): High Tunnel Raspberries and Blackberries, New York Fruit Quarterly, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 13-16.
17.Renoux, V. (2005): For the Love of - Garlic: The Complete Guide to Garlic Cuisine, Square One Publishers Inc., NY, USA.
18.Ried, K., Frank, O. R., Stocks, N. P. (2010): Aged garlic extract lowers blood pressure in patients with treated but uncontrolled hypertension: a randomised controlled trial, Maturitas vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 144-150.
19.Schwartz, H. F., Krishna, S. M. (1999): Compendium of Onion and Garlic Diseases, the American Phytopathological Society, St. Paul, USA.
20.Simon, P. W., Jenderek, M. M. (2003): Flowering, Seed Production, and the Genesis of Garlic Breeding, Plant Breeding Reviews, vol. 23, pp. 211-244.
21.Trienekens, J. H. (2011): Agricultural Value Chains in Developing Countries: A Framework for Analysis, International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 51-82.
22.Verma, V., Singh, R., Tiwari, R. K., Srivastava N., Verma, A. (2012): Antibacterial activity of extracts of Citrus, Allium & Punica against food borne spoilage, Asian Journal of Plant Science and Research, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 503-509.
23. Zakon o poljoprivrednom zemljištu, Službeni glasnik Republike Srbije, br. 62/06, 65/08, 41/09.
24.Znaor, D. (1996): Ekološka poljoprivreda, Nakladni zavod GLOBUS, Zagreb.