ANALYSIS OF PRODUCTION POTENTIAL AND COMPETITIVE POSITION OF SERBIA ON THE INTERNATIONAL WINE MARKET
The purpose of this research is analysis and forecasting of the most important trends on the international wine market, as well as identifying opportunities for wine export from Serbia. The aim of the research is to analyse the movement of the wine production and trade on the international market by applying the appropriate methodology. The paper is structured in the following segments: 1) examining the impact of number of vines and yields per vine on the acheved volume of grape production in the Republic of Serbia in the observed period; 2) examining the competitive position of the Republic of Serbia on the international wine market; and 3) analysis of the value and structure of foreign trade of wine between the Republic of Serbia and other countries. Comparative analysis, correlation analysis and regression analysis are used in the paper. The results of this paper indicate: 1) higher impact of yields per vine on the volume of grape production in relation to the impact of the number of vines on the volume of grape production; 2) increasing defcit of foreign trade of wine between Serbia and other world countries; and 3) that Serbia reduced coverage of import of wine by export of wine in the observed period.
2. Arfni, F., Albisu, L. M., Giacomini, C. (2011): Current situation and potential development of geographical indications in Europe, in Barham, E., Sylvander, B. (Eds), Labels of origin for food: local development, global recognition, CABI, Cambridge, United Kingdom, pp. 29–44.
3. Cox, J., Bridwell, L. (2007): Australian companies using globalisation to disrupt the ancient wine industry, International Business Journal, Emerald, United Kingdom, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 209–221.
4. Đorović, M., Stevanović, S., Lazić, V. (2012): Srbija na međunarodnom tržištu vina, Marketing, Srpsko udruženje za marketing, Beograd, Srbija, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 15-23.
5. Fleming, E, Mounter, S., Grant, B., Griffth, G., Villano, R. (2014): The New World challenge: Performance trends in wine production in major wine-exporting countries in the 2000s and their implications for the Australian wine industry, Wine Economics and Policy, Elsevier B.V., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 115-126, (available at: www.sciencedirect.com).
6. Fronkova, M. (2011): Competitiveness of Czech wine producers during fnancial and economic crisis, Proceedings from the conference - Trends in international business, Prague, Czech, pp. 169-177.
7. Harward, Upto. (1961): Introduction to Business Finance, Mc Graw Hill, New York, USA.
8. International Organisation of Vine and Wine, (available at: http://www.oiv.int/oiv/info/enstatoivextracts2).
9. Italian Wine Centar, (available at: http://italianwinecentral.com/top-ten-wineexporting-countries/).
10.Krstić, B., Petrović, B. (2012): Uloga upravljanja znanjem u povećanju inovativnosti preduzeća, Facta Universitatis – series: Economics and Organization, Univerzitet u Nišu, Niš, Srbija, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 93-110.
11. Kucerova, R. (2014): Factors of the attractiveness of Slovak wine market and their inﬂuence on the Czech wine export to Slovakia, Agricultural Economics – Czech, Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Prague, Czech, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 430–439.
12. Prdić, N., Kuzman, B., Barjaktarović, M. (2014): Practical research results of a successfull company`s appearance at the fair, Economics of Agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrad, Serbia, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 37-49.
13. Statistical Offce of the Republic of Serbia. (1998): Poljoprivreda Srbije 1947-1996, Beograd, Srbija, (available at: http://webrzs.stat.gov.rs/WebSite/public/ReportView.aspx).
14. Statistical Offce of the Republic of Serbia. Biljna proizvodnja, (available at: http://webrzs.stat.gov.rs/WebSite/public/ReportView.aspx).
15. Statistical Offce of the Republic of Serbia. Gazdinstva pod različitim usevima prema veličini korišćenog poljoprivrednog zemljišta, (available at: http://webrzs.stat.gov.rs/WebSite/public/ReportView.aspx).
16. Tregear, A., Arfni, F., Belletti, G., Marescotti, A. (2007): Regional foods and rural development: The role of product qualifcation, Journal of Rural Studies, Elsevier, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 12-22.
17. Vita, G., Amico, M. (2013): Origin designation and proftability for small wine grape growers: evidence from a comparative study, Ekonomika poljoprivrede, Institut za ekonomiku poljoprivrede, Beograd, Srbija, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 7-24.
18.Vlahović, B., Potrebić, V., Jeločnik, M. (2012): Preferences of wine consumers on Serbian market, Ekonomika poljoprivrede, Institut za ekonomiku poljoprivrede, Beograd, Srbija, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 37-49.
19. Vlahović, B., Tomić, D., Puškarić, A. (2008): Proizvodnja vina u Republici Srbiji, Ekonomika poljoprivrede, Institut za ekonomiku poljoprivrede, Beograd, Srbija, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 277-288.
20.Vlahović, B., Tomić, D., Puškarić, A. (2011): Change at wine market in the countries of CEFTA region, Economics of Agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrad, Serbia, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 609-620.
21. Wittwer, G., Rothfeld, J. (2005): Projecting the world wine market from 2003 to 2010, Australasian Agribusiness Review, vol. 13, paper 21, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia, (available at: http://www.agrifood.info/review/2005/Wittwer_Rothfeld.html).