APPLICATION OF SCENARIO ANALYSIS IN THE INVESTMENT PROJECTS EVALUATION
Investing represents an investment in the present to achieve certain effects in the future, and risk is an essential part of the investment process. Scenario analysis involves key risk factors of the project, its sensitivity to changes in key factors and the likelihood of their changes. Scenario analysis allows us to assign probabilities to the base case, the best case and the worst case so that we can fnd the expected value and standard deviation of the project’s NPV to get a better idea of the project’s risk. The goal is to determine whether it is possible to make relevant investment decisions on the basis of the parameters of projects risk, such as the standard deviation and the coeffcient of variation. The paper is based on a mathematical model, applied to a specifc agricultural company. In our case, the project has a wide range of possibilities and a large potential negative value, which suggests a great risk of the project. Although the scenario analysis shows a higher risk, it is not clear if the project should be accepted or not, and therefore, it is necessary to conduct simulation analysis, in order to get reliable answers.
2. Brealey, R.A., Myers, S.C., Allen, F. (2014): Principles of Corporate Finance, 11 ed., McGraw-Hill, USA.
3. Brigham E., Ehrhardt M. (2014): Financial Management: Theory and Practice, 14 Ed., South-Western, Cengage Learning, Canada.
4. Gitman L. J. (2009), Principles of Managerial Finance, 12th ed., Pearson Prentice Hall, USA.
5. Gervais, S. (2009): Behavioral Finance:Capital Budgeting and Other Investment Decisions, Behavioral Finance, USA.
6. Dedi, L., Orsag, S. (2007): Capital budgeting practices: a survey of Croatian frms, South East European Journal of Economics and Business, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 59-67.
7. Ehrhardt M. C., Brigham, E.F. (2011): Corporate Finance: A Focused Approach, Fourth Edition, South-Western Cengage Learning, SAD.
8. Ignjatijević, S. (2015): Ekonomska analiza značaja stranih direktnih investicija, Oditor, no. 11, pp. 4-15.
9. Orsag S. (2002): Budžetiranje kapitala: Procjena Investicijskih projekata, Zagreb, Masmedia, Croatia.
10. Parrino R., Kidwell D.S., Bates T. W. (2012): Fundamentals of corporate fnance, second edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, USA.
11. Pike, R., Neale, B. (2006): Corporate fnance and investment decisions & strategies, Fifth Edition, FT Prentice Hall, England.
12. Shim J. K., Siegel, J.G. (2009): Budgeting Basics and Beyond, Third edition, Wiley, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, USA.
13. Van Horne J. C., Waskovicz, J.JR, (2007): Osnovi fnansijskog menadžmenta, DATASTATUS, 12. Izdanje, Serbia.
14. Fabozzi, F. J., Drake P. P. (2009): Finance : capital markets, fnancial management, and investment management , John Wiley & Sons, USA.
15. Fabozzi, F. J., Drake P. P. (2010): The basics of fnance : an introduction to financial markets, business fnance, and portfolio management , John Wiley & Sons, USA.
16. Moyer C., McGuigan J,. Rao R., Kretlow W., (2012): Contemporary Financial Management, South-Western, Cengage Learning, USA.
17. Gitman L., Zutter C., (2012) Principles of Managerial Finance, Prentice Hall, USA.
18. Tapiero C., (2004): Risk and Financial Management, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, USA.
19. Watson., Head A., (2007): Corporate Finance - Principles & Practice, Pearson Education Limited, England.
20. Atrill P., (2009): Financial Management for Decision Makers, Pearson Education Limited, England.
21. Lasher W., (2008): Practical Financial Management, Thomson South-Western, USA