SUPPLY CHAIN PERFORMANCE WITHIN AGRI FOOD SECTOR
By setting the goals of this scientifc paper has been outlined the research methodology. Thus were developed conclusion, and by using the methods, procedures, techniques, rules and tools and know-how has been demonstrated the central hypothesis: “Inside the agri-food supply chain is created value through operations and logistics activities.” The value created leads to competitive advantages in order to identify companies within market, gaining loyal consumers. The article presents the components of agri-food supply chain, the main Key Performance Indicators measuring its performance, the difference between a traditional supply chain and sustainable supply chain by analyzing the waste management component. In order to get professional expertise referring to Key Performance Indicators a quantitative research has been organized. In closing the article present the development strategies of agri-food supply chain.
2. Beachy Roger, N. (2010): Science and Sustainability: The Emerging Consensus. BioScience, Vol. 60, No. 6 pp. 406-407.
3. Benetto, E., Becker, M., Welfring, J. (2009): Life cycle assessment of oriented strand boards: from process innovation to eco-design, Environmental Science Technology, Vol. 43, No. 15, pp. 6003-6009.
4. Bowersox, D.J., Closs, D.J., Cooper, M.B. (2007): Supply Chain Logistics Management. 4thEdition. Hardcover.
5. Buckley, P., Mithie, J. (1996): Firms, Organisations and Contracts: A Reader in Industrial Organisation, Oxford University Press, New York.
6. Carter, C.R., Jennings, M.M. (2004): The Role of Purchasing in Corporate Social Responsibility: A Structural Equation Analysis, Journal of Business Logistics Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 145-186.
7. Carter, C.R., Stevens, C.K. (2007): Electronic reverse auction configuration and its impact on buyer price and supplier perceptions of opportunism: a laboratory experiment, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 1035-57.
8. Chen, C.C. (2005): Incorporating Green Purchasing into the Frame of ISO 14000, Journal of Cleaner Production Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 927-933.
9. Chen, I.J., Paulraj, A. (2004): Understanding supply chain management: critical research and a theoretical framework, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp.131–163.
10. Choi, S., Ng, A. (2011): Environmental and Economic Dimensions of Sustainability and Price Effects on Consumer Responses, Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 104, No. 2, pp. 269-282.
11. Clarke, R.A. (1994): The challenge of going green - comment by Clarke. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 72, No. 4, pp. 37-48.
12. Clifton, D., Amran, A. (2011): The Stakeholder Approach: A Sustainability Perspective, Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 98, No. 1, pp. 121-136.
13. Colby, S., Kingsley, T., Whitehead, B. W., (1995): The real green issue, McKinsey Quarterly, No. 2, pp. 132-43.
14. Cooper, M.C., Lambert, D.M., Pagh J. (1997): Supply chain management, more than a new name for logistics, The International Journal of Logistics Management Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 1-13.
15. Defee, C., Esper, T., Mollenkopf, D., (2009): Leveraging closed-loop orientation and leadership for environmental sustainability. Supply Chain Management, An International Journal, Vol. 14, pp. 87-98.
16. Ellram, L.M., Edis, O.R.V. (1996): A case study of successful partnering implementation, International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 20-28.
17. Foerstl, K., Reuter, C., Hartmann, E., Blome, C. (2010): Managing Supplier Sustainability Risks in a Dynamically Changing Environment: Sustainable Supplier Management in the Chemical Industry, Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 118-130
18. Freeman, E.R., (2005): The Development of Stakeholder Theory: An Idiosyncratic Approach, in K. G. Smith and M. A. Hitt (eds.), Great Minds in Management. The Process of Theory Development (Oxford University Press, Oxford), pp. 417-435.
19. González-Benito, O., González-Benito, J. (2008): Implications of market orientation on the environmental transformation of industrial frms, Ecological Economics, Vol. 64, No. 4, pp. 752-762.
20. Grayson, K., Ambler, T. (1999): The dark side of long term relationships in marketing services, Journal of Management Research Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 132-141.
21. Green, N.M. (2004): Innovation in the Pig Supply Chain, Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England,p. 165
22. Guinipiero, L., Dawley, D., Antony, W.P. (1999): The impact of tacit knowledge on purchasing decisions, The Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 42-49.
23. Harland, C.M. (1997): Supply chain operational performance roles, Integrated Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 70-78.
24. Hines, P., (1995): Network sourcing: a hybrid approach, International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 18-25.
25. Hines, P., Jones, D.T., Rich, N. (1997): Lean logistics, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management Vol. 27, No. 34, pp. 153-171.
26. Hyde, K.F. (2000): Recognizing deductive processes in qualitative research. Qualitative Market Research, An International Journal, Vol. 3, pp. 82-89.
27. Ilie, L., Crian, E. (2008): Managementul Logisticii, Cluj-Napoca, Ed. Risoprint
28. Istudor, N. (2011): Managementul sistemului logistic al organizaiilor agroalimentare Bucuresti, Ed. ASE, pp. 99 - 220.
29. Jonsson P. (2008): Logistics and Supply Chain Management. UK: McGraw-Hill Education.
30. Lambert D.M. (2008): Supply Chain Management: Processes, Partnerships, Performance, 3rd edition.
31. Lamming R.C. (1997): Features of supply networks, British Academy of Management Annual Conference.
32. Lee H.L., Billington C. (1993): Material management in decentralized supply chains, Operations Research, Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 835-847.
33. Lee, R.G., Dale, B.G. (1998): Business process management: a review and evaluation, Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 4, pp. 214-225.
34. Lehtinen, J., Ahola, T. (2010): Is performance measurement suitable for an extended enterprise? International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 181-204.
35. Li, S., Ragu-Nathan, B., Ragu-Nathan, T.S. (2006): The Impact of Supply Chain Management Practices on Competitive Advantage and Organizational Performance, Omega, Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 107-124.
36. Lindgreen, A., Hingley, M. (2003): The impact of food safety and animal welfare policies on supply chain management: The case of the Tesco meat supply chain, British Food Journal, Vol. 105, No. 6, pp. 328-349.
37. Mangina, E., Vlachos, I. P. (2005): The changing role of information technology in food and beverage logistics management: beverage network optimization using intelligent agent technology, Journal of Food Engineering, Vol. 70, pp. 403-420.
38. Marquer, P. (2010): Pig farming in the EU, a changing sector, Eurostat: Statistics in focus, 8/2010.
39. Murphy, P.R., Poist, R.F. (2000): Green Logistics Strategies: An Analysis of Usage Patterns, Transportation Journal, Vol 40, No. 2, pp. 5-16.
40. Murray, J.P., Gonzalez, T., Adenso, D. (2010): Stakeholder Pressure and the Adoption of Environmental Practices: The Mediating Effect of Training, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 163-176.
41. New, S.J., Payne, P. (1995): Research frameworks in logistics: three models, seven dinners and a survey, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 25, No. 1), pp. 60-77.
42. Oliver, R. K., Webber, M. D. (1982): Supply-chain management: logistics catches up with strategy. M. Christopher, Ed.1992. Logistics: The strategic issues. London: Chapman & Hall, pp. 63-75.
43. Ramsay J. (1990): The myth of the cooperative single source, International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, Vol. 26, No.1, pp. 6
44. Reuter, C., Foerstl, K., Hartmann, E. (2010): Sustainable Global Supplier Management: The Role of Dynamic Capabilities in Achieving Competitive Advantage, Journal of Supply Chain Management: A Global Review of Purchasing & Supply, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 45-63.
45. Reuter, C., Foerstl, K., Hartmann, E. (2010): Sustainable Global Supplier Management: The Role of Dynamic Capabilities in Achieving Competitive Advantage, Journal of Supply Chain Management: A Global Review of Purchasing & Supply, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 45-63.
46. Rozar, N.M., Mahmood, W.H.W., Ibrahim, A., Razik, M.A. (2014): A Study of Success Factors in Green Supply Chain Management in Manufacturing Industries in Malaysia, Journal of Economics, Business and Management, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 287- 291.
47. Shin, H., Collier, D.A., Wilson D.D. (2000): Supply management orientation and supplier/buyer performance, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 317-333.
48. Voicu, R., Rădulescu, C.V. (2003): Managementul unităilor agroalimentare, Bucuresti, Ed. ASE.
49. Wisner, B., Gaillard, J.C., Kellman, I. (2011): Handbook of Hazards and Disaster Risk Reduction, Routledge, London, UK.