INDIVIDUAL FARMS AND AGRO-TOURISM IN ROMANIAN BANAT. A PARALLEL ANALYSIS
The specificity and diversity of the natural and anthropic patrimonies of the different regions can lead to the development of tourism and, as a result, to the sustainable development in those communities. Starting from the fact that Caraş-Severin and Timiş counties cover most of the historical region of Romanian Banat, thus preserving the traditions and multiculturalism specific to these regions (preserved in its rural communities), the research aimed for a comparative analysis of the evolution of individual farms and of agro-tourism in the two counties as a way of sustainable development and their advertise as tourist destinations. The results obtained highlighted, on the one hand, the existence and maintenance of an economic potential capable of ensuring the development of agro tourism, a process in full development in this region, and on the other hand the fact that, at least so far, the effects of agro-tourism on the stability of residents are barely visible.
2. Avram, D., (2016), Ways of increasing the visibility of the Romanian rural tourism, MPRA Paper, University Library of Munich, Germany.
3. Balan, M., (2018), Estimating Economic and Social Regional Disparities in Romania, Annals - Economy Series, 3, issue , p. 5-18.
4. Cristina, A.F., Mateoc-Sîrb, N., (2014), Symbolic Communication of Traditional Costume From Banat County, CrossCultural Management Journal, issue 2, p. 281-286.
5. Dabu, S.I., (2019),Values and Attitudes in Banat Multiethnic Communities,European Review of Applied Sociology, 12, issue 18, p. 6-12.
6. Danici-Patrau, D. , (2018), Assessment of Tourism Potential Development in Banat Mountains, Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, XVIII, issue 2, p. 112-117.
7. Durkalić, D., Furtula, S., & Borisavljević, K. (2019), Ranking tourism market perfomance in EMU countries: results of PROMETHEE - GAIA approach, Hotel and Tourism Management, 7(2), 67-76.
8. Dinu, L., Dinu, G., (2017), Tourism Promotion - Primary Element in Mountain Banat, Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, XVII, issue 2, p. 398-401.
9. ER, (2008) Enciclopedia Românieihttp://enciclopediaromaniei.ro/
10. Földi, N., (2019), Culture as a driving factor for foreign direct investments in the Western Development Region of Romania, Theoretical and Applied Economics, XXVI, issue 4(621), Winter, p. 63-74.
11. Gheorghe, G., Nistoreanu, B., Filip, A., (2013), Traditional products – vectors of sustainable development on the regional and national markets, The Amfiteatru Economic journal, 15, issue Special 7, p. 645-658.
12. Ibănescu, B.C., Stoleriu, O.M., Munteanu, A., Iațu, C., (2018), The Impact of Tourism on Sustainable Development of Rural Areas: Evidence from Romania, Sustainability, 10, issue 10, p. 1-19.
13. Lakićević, M., Žarevac, M. (2014). Tourism thought as a factor of tourism development in Serbia, Hotel and Tourism Management, 2(1), 29-37.
14. Marian, I., (2017), Rural Tourism and Agro-tourism in Romania, Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, XVII, issue 2, p. 226-231.
15. NIS National Institute of Statistics, București, România, https://insse.ro/cms/en
16. Para, I., Moise, J., (2014), Intercultural Aspects and Tolerance in The Banat County, SEA - Practical Application of Science, issue 3, p. 418-427.
17. Pop, C., Coros, M., Balint, C., (2017), Romanian Rural Tourism: A Survey of Accommodation Facilities, Journal Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai Negotia, issue number 2017_2_5.
18. Sagić, Z., Lakićević, M., & Durkalić, D. (2019). Analysis of tourist turnover in a rural tourism destination–case study of Ivanjica. Economics of Agriculture, 66(3), 835-850.
19. Sima, E., (2016), Agro-Tourism Entrepreneurship in the Context of Increasing the Rural Business Competitiveness in Romania, Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, 13, issue 1, p. 119-130.
20. Stăncioiu, A.F., Teodorescu, N., Vlădoi, A.D., Baltescu, C., Stoian, M., (2011), Banat-Crişana as Micro-destination – Elements of Tourism Image and Tourism Identity, Theoretical and Applied Economics, XVIII(2011), issue 9(562), p. 17-26.
21. TEMPO (2020) Statistical data, INS, http://statistici.insse.ro:8077/tempo-online/#/pages/tables/insse-table, accessed on 14 January 2020.
22. Woudstra, J., (2006), Giving meaning to identities. A case-study for the Romanian Banat region, MPRA Paper, University Library of Munich, Germany.
23. Zaharia, M., (2019) Considerations on the Evolutions and Particularities of the Human Development Index in European Countries. Journal of Research and Innovation for Sustainable Society (JRISS),Volume 1, Issue 1, 2019, pp.116-125.