Imperfect competition in dairy industry in Republic of Serbia
Serbia has natural, human and economic resources in the primary production and the dairy industry, but they are not used in the right way that would lead to economic satisfaction of all market participants, especially producers and consumers. The paper focuses on under-developed competition policy on the milk market in the Republic of Serbia. Particularly noteworthy is the need for state to participate actively in order to correct market failure and increase production, consumption and exports of milk and dairy products.
2. Crnobrnja M., Džagić V. (2009): White book, Proposals for improvement of the business environment in Serbia, Foreign Investors Council, http://www.fc.org.rs/cms/item/whitebook/en.html
3. Decision of the Competition Commission of the Republic of Serbia from 25 January 2008 with regards to the DANUBE FOODS GROUP B.V. http://www.kzk.org.rs/download/odluke/odluka47.pdf
4. Law on Protection of Competition (Offcial Gazette of the R. of Serbia", No. 79/05 and 51/09).
5. Samuelson, P. and Nordhaus, W. (2000), Economics, Mate, Zagreb.
6. Slowness of the courts postpone proving monopoly http://www.politika.rs/rubrike/Ekonomija/Bajalovic-Sporost-sudova-odlaze-dokazivanje-monopola.lt.html, Politika, 20.09.2010
7. The National Agricultural Program of the Republic of Serbia 2009-2011, 2009, Ministry of Agriculture, Republic of Serbia
8. Vaknin, S. (2006): The Benefts of Oligopolies, http://www.globalpolitician.com/21565-governance