Traceability of food products in small and medium enterprises in Serbia
There are a multitude of ingredient suppliers, manufacturers, packaging suppliers, distributors, wholesalers, and retailers in value chain of the food industry At each point in the value chain there is a risk for food poisoning. The main purpose of this paper is to describe how production system ”from farm to fork” works in sector of small and medium enterprises in Serbia. Within this paper we compare situation of traceability of food products in big, small and medium enterprises from this sector. Based on the data and analysis, the conclusion was made, that investments in quality of row materials and farmer’s education is important for safe food.
The analysis is based on the secondary data. Sources of secondary data for this topic are surveys, organizational records and data collected through qualitative research in literature.
2. Mercy Corps/USAID CRDA program: DAIRY SECTOR VALUE CHAIN (SITUATION & CRDA IMPACT ASSESSMENT) SOUTHERN SERBIA 2001- 2007 http://www.mercycorps.org/fles/fle1184618667.pdf
3. Miloš Bugarin, President of Serbian Chamber of Comerce http://www.promoney.rs/maj2009/Privredna_komora_Srbije.pdf
4. Petar Milašinović, Standards of quality management systema and CE sign – Fallacies and truths. Kvalitet Magazine, Year XVI, Number 7-8. 2006. Poslovna Politika, Beograd. Page 51.
5. Rulebook on quality and other milk requirements, dairy products, somposite dairy products and starting cultures. Offcial newsletter of SRJ, no. 26/2002 from 14.5.2002.
6. SRPS EN ISO 22000:2007, Systems of food security management-Requirements for each organization in the food chain, Institute for standardization of Serbia, Belgrade, 2007
7. Srđan Šljukić (2006), AGRICULTURE AND THE CHANGES OF THE SOCIAL STRUCTURE: THE CASE OF SERBIA. SOCIOLOGIJA Magazine, Vol. XLVIII N° 2 page 10.
8. Guidebook for development and application of pre-condition programs and principles of HACCP in food production, Ministry of agriculture, forestry and waterpower engineering. Veterinary directorate. Republic of Serbia, Belgrade. (2009) pages 145-146
9. Zorka Zakić and Žaklina Stojanović, (2008); Ekonomika Agrara, Centar za izdavačku delatnost, Ekonomski fakultet, Beograd.