RURAL DEVELOPMENT APPROACH IN ITALY: EXAMPLE ON AREA OF TEVERINA AS A POSSIBILITY FOR DANUBE REGION- ОРИГИНАЛНИ НАУЧНИ РАД
In recent years territorial cohesion has become an important issue for national and supranational governments. This concern came from the growth in differences and imbalance in terms of economic development. Urban and more developed areas are attracting more people and economic activities, while a great part of rural and peripheral territories have the trend of abandonment and underdevelopment. This paper shows on example of the territory of Teverina in Italy how bottom-up policies can be used and territorial marketing approach in order to achieve sustainability of the area, attract investments and to support the goal of community. Based on area of Teverina example, paper gives recommendations that can be useful for regional development of Danube region.
• Caroli, G.M. (2006): The territorial marketing. Strategies for Sustainable Competitiveness of the Territory, Franco Angeli Edition, Milano
• European Commission (1999): ESDP- European Spatial Development Perspective: Towards Balanced and Sustainable Development of the Territory of the European Union, Potsdam, May 1999, ISBN 92-828-7658-6, page 24
• European Commission (2005): Council Regulation No 1698/2005 of 20 September 2005 on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, Offcial Journal of the European Union
• European Commission (2006): Council Decision on Community strategic guidelines for rural development (programming period 2007 to 2013) Offcial Journal of the European Union
• European Landscape Convention, Florence, 20.10.2000., CETS No.:176, www.conventions.coe.int
• Fischler, F. (1997): A new Community Initiative for the development of rural areas; Closing speech on the LEADER Symposium Brussels, www.ruraleurope.info
• Nemes, G. (2005): The Poltics of Rural Development in Europe, Magyar Tudományos Akadémia Közgazdaságtudományi Intézet, Budapest, ISBN 963 9588 44 X, pages 15-23
• Ray, C. (1998) Territory, Structures and Interpretation - Two Case Studies of the European Union's LEADER 1 Programme, Journal of Rural Studies, Volume 14, Issue 1, January 1998, Pages 79-87.