SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND ExTERNALITIES
Externalities appear due to the interdependence of production and utility functions of one or more economical agents. Externalities are external effects derived from the behavior of economic agents that changes the wealth of an economic system. Sustainable development requires consideration of externalities, positive or negative, generated by human activities. Sustainable economic development is characterized by maintaining a reasonable, long-term balance between economic development and environment integrity.
2. Vlasceanu, L, Zamfr C, Dictionary of Sociology, visited 12 Jun, 2011 http://www.Dictsociologie.netfrms.com/E/Termeni/externalităţi.htm
3. Magdalena Platis, Public Sector Economy, visited on 5 Sept. 2011, http://ebooks.unibuc.ro/ştiinţeADM/platis/6htm
4. Richard G. Lipsey, K. Alec Chrystal, “Positive economiy”, Economic Publishing House, Bucharest, 1999, p. 465.
6. Adumitracesei, ID, “Harmonization of economic effciency with social and environmental effciency”, The economist.
7. Bran, Florina, “Man-environment effects on the threshold of 2000”, ASE Publishing House, Bucharest, 2002.
8. Chivu, Luminita, “Competitiveness in agriculture”, Expert Publishing House, Bucharest, 2002.
9. Cioaba, A., “Social state”, Social Theory Institute Publishing House, Bucharest, 1999, p. 45.
10. Gavrilescu, D., Giurca, D. (coord.), “Agri-food economy”, Expert Publishing House, Bucharest, 2000.
11. John Bratu, Michael, John, “The role of state in guiding and controlling social and economic activity”, Economic Issues vol 96/2004, Economic Library Collection
12. Isarescu, M., “Economic Reﬂections”, CRECC, Bucharest, 2001, p. 109.
13. Mac I., “Geographical landscape. Content and scientifc signifcance”, Terra Magazine, XXII, no. 1-4, p. 8-11, Bucharest, 1990.
14. Nicolae, I., “Sub urbanism as geographical phenomenon in Romania”, Ed Meron, Bucharest, 2002.
15. V. Soroceanu, “Economic growth and the natural environment”, Economic Publishing House, Bucharest, 2000
16. Vădineanu, Anghel, “Sustainable development (vol. I Theory and practice)”, ASE Publishing House, Bucharest, 1998