ISLAMIC BANKS AND FINANCE AND THE POSSIBILITY OF AGRICULTURAL INVESTMENTS IN THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA
Financing the economy and agriculture as well in the Republic of Serbia in recent past present was realized and has been implemented with the fnancial and credit support of the state, as well as through expensive commercial bank loans and fnancial leasing. Bearing in mind the productive resources, the importance of agriculture to the national economy and employment of the population, and that the fnancing of agriculture in the Republic of Serbia, at its current level of development, should be implemented with the support of the state. States should work towards the establishment of specialized agricultural banks and by legislation facilitate the arrival of fnancial institutions which will place funds at favorable conditions such as the Islamic fnancial institutions do. Islamic fnancial institutions in the placement of funds-loans do not use the loan interest rate which is according to the Islamic beliefs unfair and unacceptable. The theoreticians of Islamic economy see an alternative in the fundamental values and teachings of Islam, the Quran and the Sunnah, which strictly prohibit interest. Islamic bank can make certain comparative advantages in respect to the other domestic banks. It is in a position to establish a sound business relationship with clients from Muslim countries for the local companies to perform in their markets, as well as with the performance of companies from Muslim countries on the Serbian market. A further advantage of this bank we see in the fact that one of its founders would be the IDB – Islamic Development Bank - the leading development bank of the Muslim world, whose experience in the implementation of development projects in Serbia can be of great beneft. However, the largest Islamic bank has potential in the establishment and development of business relationships and cooperation with a growing number of fnancial and other institutions whose operations are based on the principles of Shariah.
2. Bakšić E. (2012): Islamsko Bankarstvo, available at: http://www.zeriislam.com/artikulli.php?id=2452 (02.27.2016)
3. Bozidar, Đ. (2007): When it will we be better, publishers, “Offcial Gazette”, B92, Blic, The Economist, p. 71-73, 120
4. Hadžić F. (2005): Islamic Banking and Economic Development, Faculty of Economics Sarajevo.
5. Hadžić F. (2016): available at: http://www.bbi.ba/bs/static/islamskobankarstvo(02/27/2016)
9. Karić, E. (1995): translated, The Qur’an, Bosanska knjiga, Sarajevo.
10. Klincov, R., Majstorović, A., Miloradić, J. (2017): Vrednovanje rizika u fnansijskom menadžmentu, Oditor, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 114-125.
11. Korkut, B. (1992): translated,The Qur’an, printed by order of hadimul-Haramain King Fahd Ibn Abdul-Aziz Ali King Saud of Saudi Arabia in the Complex Hadıml-Haramain-S-Šerifejni-l-Melik Fahd for the printing of the Mushaf of Medina Sheriff münevver , münevver Medina, Saudi Arabia, 1412H (1992).
12. Pejanović, R., Radović, G. (2011): Agrarna politika u Republici Srbiji u period tranzicije, Ekonomija teorija i praksa, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 29-38.
13. Pejanović, R., Radović, G., Tomaš, M., Maksimović, G., Krajinović, G., Jelić, V. (2010): Agricultural budget as a form of fnancing agriculture in the Republic of Serbia, Contemporary agriculture, Vol. 59, No. 1-2, pp. 206-213.
14. Statistical Offce of the Republic of Serbia (2013b): Census of Agriculture 2012, Agriculture in the Republic of Serbia, SORS, Belgrade.
15. Štulanović M., Hadžić F. (2007): Osnovi islamske ekonomije i fnancija, Islamski pedagoški fakultet u Bihaću.
16. Title of the Law on Incentives in Agriculture and Rural Development, Offcial Gazette of the Republic of Serbia no. 10/2013.
17. Vladisavljević, V., Knežević, M., Divac, G. (2017): Pravna forma ugovora o fnansijskom lizingu, Oditor, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 67-77.
18. Vlado, L. (2008): Financijske institucije i tržišta, Zagreb.
19. Zamir I., Abbas M. (2009): Islamske fnancije teorija i praksa, MATE d.o.o. Zagreb, p. 71-90, p. 164-165.
20. Zamir, I., Mirakhor, A. (2009): Introduction to Islamic Finance - Theory and Practice, Mate doo, Zagreb.