CROSS DOCKING IMPLEMENTATION IN DISTRIBUTION OF FOOD PRODUCTS
The research domain of this paper is food distribution improvement using the logistic concept of cross docking. The study purpose is to explore, analyse and demonstrate effects of cross docking implementing in business trading company and the factors inﬂuencing to implementation effectiveness, as well. The methodology used in the study includes the actual logistics and supply chain management literature review and the real-world study with the concept implementation. Thе main achieved results are that under defined circumstances cross docking can be suitable tool for food distribution improvement and valuable for the company’s competitiveness increasing. The validity of the cross docking implementation is reﬂected in multiple (direct and indirect) benefits not only for the company, but also for the whole supply chain.
2. Apte, U. M., Viswanathan, S. (2000):Effective Cross Docking for Improving Distribution Efficiencies, International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 291-302, London.
3. Baptiste, P., Maknoon, M. Y. (2007): Cross-docking: Scheduling of incoming and outcoming semi trailers, CD Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Production Research, 29 July – 2 August, Valparaiso, Chile, International Foundation of Production Research, pages unmarked.
4. Bartholdi, J., Gue, K. R. (2004): The best shape for a cross-dock,Transportation Science, The Institute for Operations Research and The Management Sciences, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 235-244, USA.
5. Berkum, S. van, Bogdanov, N. (2012): Serbia on the road to EU: Consequences for agricultural policy and the agri-food chain, CABI, Wallingford, UK.
6. Bogetic, Z., Acimovic, S. (2009): ECR strategija - koncepcija i alati za doba privredne recesije, Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research, No. 10, pp. 53-63, Podgorica.
7. Dobrusky, F. G. (2003): Optimal Location of Cross-Docking Centers for a Distribution Network in Argentina, (unpublished master thesis), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
8. Gue, K. (2001): Crossdocking: Just-in-time for distribution, Tech. Report, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA.
9. Li, Z. P., Low, M. Y. H., Shakery, M., Lim, Y. G. (2009): Crossdocking planning and scheduling: Problems and algorithms, SIMTech technical reports, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 159-167, Singapore.
10. Manole, V., Andrea, R. (2006): Coordination models for agro-food chains, Economics of Agriculture, IAE, Belgrade, No. 1/2006, pp. 63-71.
11. Napolitano, M. (2000): Making the move to crosdocking: a practical guide to planning, designing, and implementing a cross dock operation, Warehouse Education and Research Councel, Oak Brook.
12. Nedita, G., Stoian, M., Radulescu, A. E. (2010): Designing the collaborative platform meant to increase organizational competitiveness in agrofood research, Economics of Agriculture, IAE, Belgrade, Special Issue -1, pp. 223-230.
13. Popescu, G., Constantin, F., Menda, T. (2010): Efficient transfer of knowledge in agriculture through cooperative structures, Economics of Agriculture, IAE, Belgrade, Special Issue -1, pp. 239-245.
14. Popovic, R. (2009): Effects of market structure changes on dairy supply chain in Serbia, Proceedings of International Food and Agribusiness Management Association Forum and Symposium, June 20-23, Budapest, Hungary, pages unmarked.
15. Rohrer, M. (1995): Simulation and Cross Docking, Proceedings of the 1995 Winter Simulation Conference, 3-6 December, Arlington, USA, Alexopoulus C., Kang K., p. 846-850.
16. Ross, A., Jayaraman, V. (2008): An evaluation of new heuristics for the location of crossdocks distribution centers in supply chain network design, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Elsevier, Vol. 55, pp. 64-79, USA.
17. Shaffer, B. (2000): Implementing the crossdocking operation, IIE Solution, Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 20-23, USA.
18. Thapa, G.B., Dhamala, T.N., Pant, S.R., (2011): Cross-Docking Operations for Supply Chain Logistics in JIT Production and Distribution Systems, Journal of the Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 219-230, Nepal.
19. Zecevic, S., Gojkovic, P. (2010): Logisticki trendovi, Zbornik radova 1. Međunarodne naučno-stručne konferencije LOGISTIKA 2010, 18-19 Novembar, Doboj, Saobracajni fakultet - Doboj, str. 1-10.
20. Zhengping, L., Malcolm, Y. H. L., Roland, Y. G. L. (2009): Optimal Decisionmaking on Product Rankins For Crossdocking/Warehousing Operations, International Journal of Services Operations and Informatics, Inderscience Publishers, Vol. 4, Issue 4, p. 352-365, UK.