THE INFLUENCES OF THE CULTURAL MODELS ON AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION STRUCTURES IN ROMANIA AND SOME EU-28 COUNTRIES - A PERSPECTIVE
The evolution of the Common Agricultural Policy and the changing of its paradigm was a subject of extensive consideration in the literature, but never the implications of specifc cultural aspects on agricultural performance and production structures were ever taken into consideration. The main aim of the paper is the analysis of the some aspects regarding the inﬂuences of the cultural models on agricultural production structures in Romania and some EU- 28 countries, form a larger perspective, starting with the CAP transformations over the time and the European agricultural model, analysing the role of the multifunctional agriculture in shaping the holding’s structure and performances, and in the last it is considered the role of agriculture and rural communities in promoting renewable including bio-fuels.
2. Andrei, J. V., Ungureanu, A. (2014): The importance of economic structure evolution in achieving performance - from agrarian economy to competitiveness in Romanian economy, Economics of Agriculture, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 945-957.
3. Andrei, J., Eftimie, M., Matei, M. (2014): The role of Romanian farms in valuing the inland agricultural potential, Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1532-1535.
4. Antonio, G. S., Alberto, G. G. (2007): A comprehensive assessment of multifunctional agricultural land-use systems in Spain using a multi-dimensional evaluative model, Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, vol. 120, pp. 82–91.
5. Ciutacu, C., Chivu, L., Andrei, J. V. (2015): Similarities and dissimilarities between the EU agricultural and rural development model and Romanian agriculture – Challenges and perspectives, Land Use Policy, vol. 46, pp. 258–266.
6. DG.Agriculture and Rural Development (2014): Economics of rural areas. Agricultural income, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/rural-area-economics/income/index_en.htm,
7. DG.Agriculture and Rural Development (2015): CAP monitoring and evaluation indicators - CAP CONTEXT INDICATORS – 2014 update, available at: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/cap-indicators/context/index_en.htm
8. El Benni, N., Finger, R., Mann, S., Lehmann, B. (2012): The distributional effects of agricultural policy reforms in Switzerland, Agricultural Economics - Czech, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 497–509.
9. Ene, C., Matei, M. (2012): New dimensions of food security in Romania from the European perspective. The 3rd International Symposium “Agrarian Economy and Rural Development - realities and perspectives for Romania”, Bucharest, Romania, October 11- 13, 2012, pp.135-140.
10.European Economic and Social Committee (2011): Opinion of the European Economic and Social Committee on the Communication from the Commission to the Council, the European Parliament, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions – The CAP towards 2020: Meeting the food, natural resources and territorial challenges of the future, NAT/481 The future of the CAP, Brussels, 16th March 2011, Reporter: Franco Chiriaco, available at: http://www.eesc.europa.eu/?i=portal.en.nat-opinions.15467
11. European Economic and Social Committee (2013): Opinion of the European Economic and Social Committee on the Reform of the common agricultural policy in 2013 (owninitiative opinion), NAT/449, Brussels, 18th March 2010, available at: www.eesc.europa.eu/.../ces452-2010_ac_en.doc
12.European Parliament (2010): European Parliament resolution of 8 July 2010 on the future of the Common Agricultural Policy after 2013, (2009/2236(INI)), available at: www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=TA&reference=P7-TA-2010-0286&language=EN
13.Eurostat (2015): Environment and Energy Section, database of EUROSTAT, available: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/energy/statistics-illustrated
14.Filon, T. (2013): Aggregate effciency of resource utilization in the Romanian agri-food sector – macroeconomic evolutions, Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 155-176.
15.Finland`s EU Presidency (2006): The European Model of Agriculture – Challenges Ahead, A Background Paper for the Meeting of Ministers of Agriculture in Oulu 26.9.2006, SN 3098/06, available at: www.euroqualityfles.net/Documents%20EUAM%20and%20CEECAP/Europe/Future%20policy/oulu_european_model_agriculture_en.pdf
16.INS (2015), National Institute of Statistics, Bucharest, TEMPO online database, available at: http://statistici.insse.ro/shop/
17.Ioan, D., Luminita, C., Jean, A., Mirela, M. (2012): Using labor force and green investments in valuing the Romanian agriculture potential, Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment, vol. 10, no. 3&4, pp. 737– 741.
18.Jean, A., Mircea, U. (2012): Through Common Agricultural Policy Reforms: A Short Analysis, International Journal of Sustainable Economies Management, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 32-40.
19.Kvakkestad, V., Rørstad, P. K, Vatn, A. (2015): Norwegian farmers perspectives on agriculture and agricultural payments: Between productivism and cultural landscapes, Land Use Policy, vol. 42, pp. 83-92.
20.Mishra, A., El-Osta, H., Gillespie, J. M. (2009): Effect on agricultural policy on regional income inequality among farm households, Journal of Policy Modeling, vol. 31, pp. 325– 340.
21.Overmars, K. P., Helming, J., van Zeijts, H., Jansson, T., Terluin, I. (2013): A modelling approach for the assessment of the effects of Common Agricultural Policy measures on farmland biodiversity in the EU27, Journal of Environmental Management, no. 126, pp. 132-141.
22.Petrick, M., Zier, P. (2012): Common Agricultural Policy effects on dynamic labour use in agriculture, Food Policy, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 671-678.
23.Severini, S., Tantari, A. (2015): The distributional impact of agricultural policy tools on Italian farm household incomes, Journal of Policy Modeling, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 124-135.
24.Tataru, A., Nedelcu, A. (2015): Territorial and Agricultural Resources from the Rural Vrancea Area with Decisive Role in the Development of the Local Economy, Agricultural Management Strategies in a Changing Economy, p. 161.
25.The Farm Accountancy Data Network (FADN-RICA) database (2015), available at: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/ricaprod/database/database_en.cfm
26.Viaggi, D., yPaloma, S. G., Mishra, A., Raggi, M. (2013): The role of the EUCommonAgriculturalPolicy: Assessing multiple effects in alternativepolicyscenarios, Land Use Policy, vol. 31, pp. 99-101.