ASSESSMENT OF BUSINESS EFFICIENCY OF AGRICULTURAL HOLDINGS WITH DIFFERENT PRODUCTIONS
The subject of this paper is the use of DEA methodology for the evaluation and analysis of the total technical effciency (TE) which also includes the pure technical effciency (PTE) and scale effciency (SE). The operations of three groups of 20 individual farms, with different primary production, feld crops, fruit and livestock, are analysed in the present paper. The necessary data for the development of the basic model have been collected by the survey conducted on 60 agricultural households on the territory of Toplice region. Surveyed households have 92 tractors, 108 different ploughs, 63 sprayers and other necessary mechanization. In addition, 677.7 ha of agricultural land, which is located at 1,201 plots, are cultivated by surveyed households. These farms keep 291 cows, 118 bulls, 366 pigs, 459 sheep and others. 91 workers and farm members are engaged in operation of the farms. The aim of the paper is to determine whether there is a difference in the technical effciency of different types of households.
2. Atici, K. B., Podinovski, V. V. (2015): Using data envelopment analysis for the assessment of technical effciency of units with different specialisations: An application to agriculture, Omega, vol. 54, pp. 72-83.
3. Baležentis, T., Kriščiukaitienė, I. (2012): Family farm effciency across farming types in Lithuania and its managerial implications – Data Envelopment Analysis, Journal Management theory and studies for rural business and infrastructure development, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 22-30.
4. Banker, R. D., Charnes, A., Cooper, W. W. (1984): Some models for Estimating Technical and Scale Ineffciencies in Data Envelopment Analysis, Management Science, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1078-1092.
5. Bojnec, S., Latruffe, L. (2009): Determinants of technical effciency of Slovenian farms, Post-Communist Economies, Vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 117-124.
6. Bolandnazar, E., Keyhani, A., Omid, M. (2014): Determination of effcient and inefficient greenhouse cucumber producers using Data Envelopment Analysis approach, a case study: Jiroft city in Iran, Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 79, September 2014, pp. 108- 115.
7. Charnes, A., Cooper, W. W., Rhodes, E. (1978): Measuring Effciency of Decision Making Units, European Journal of Operational Research, no. 3, pp. 429–444.
8. Cooper, W. W., Seiford, M. L., Tone, K. (2007): Data Envelopment Analysis, Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, New York.
9. De Bont, C. J. A. M., van Everdingen, W. H., Koole, B. (2003): Standard gross margins in the Netherlands, The Hague, the Netherlands, LEI, (available at: http://library.wur.nl/WebQuery/wurpubs/338272).
10.Farrell, M. J. (1957): The measurement of productive effciency, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 253-290.
11.Fousekis, P., Spathis, P., Tsimboukas K. (2001): Assessing the Effciency of Sheep Farming in Mountainous Areas of Greece. A Non Parametric Approach, Agricultural Economics Review, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 5-15.
12.Galanopoulos, K., Aggelopoulos, S., Kamenidou, I., Mattas, K. (2006): Assessing the effects of managerial and production practices on the effciency of commercial pig farming, Agricultural Systems, no. 88, pp. 125-141.
13.Haji, J. (2007): Production effciency of smallholders’ vegetable-dominated mixed farming system in eastern Ethiopia: A non-parametric approach, Journal of African Economies, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1-27.
14.Hansson, H., Öhlmér, B. (2008): The effect of operational managerial practices on economic, technical and allocative effciency at Swedish dairy farms, Livestock Science, vol. 118, no. 1–2, pp. 34-43.
15.Janković, S., Goss, S., Pusić, M., Jovanović, R., Todorović, G.,Tolimir, N., Ivkov, I., Anđelić, B., Dalton, G. (2006): Poslovanje poljoprivrednih gazdinstava u Srbiji 2006, Priručnik, Ministarstvo poljoprivrede šumarstva i vodoprivrede Republike Srbije i institute za primenu nauke u poljoprivredi, Beograd.
16.Krasnić, T. (2008): Model za optimiranje strukture povrtarske proizvodnje, Tampograf, Novi Sad.
17. Manjunatha, A. V., Speelman, S., Chandrakanth, M. G., van Huylenbroeck, G. (2011): Impact of groundwater markets in India on water use effciency: A data envelopment analysis approach, Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 2924-2929.
18.Orović, D. (2014): Survey conducted on individual farms with different types of production in Toplice region, unpublished research questionnaires and results, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade, Serbia.
19. Stygar, A., Makulska, J. (2010): Application of mathematical modelling in beef herd management – a review, Ann. Anim. Sci., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 333–348.
20.Vico, G. (2012): Optimizacija govedarske proizvodnje u Republici Srpskoj na osnovu više kriterijuma, Ph.D. thesis, University in Belgrade, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade.