FARMER INNOVATIVENESS AND ITS IMPACT ON INTERNET AND SOCIAL MEDIA ADOPTION
In recent years, huge efforts have been made to implement ICT innovations in the agricultural sector in order to increase its competitiveness. The question that can be posed is what depends on the successful implementation of ICT innovations among farmers. Numerous scientific papers were published with the purpose of identifying factors that affect acceptance of particular innovation by users. The aim of this paper was to determine whether the farmer innovativeness inﬂuences the acceptance and the degree of using the Internet and social media by farmer. Additionally, statistically significant correlation between the demographic factors of the farmers and their innovativeness was investigated. The research was conducted using survey method. Descriptive statistics, Correlation analysis using Pearson’s correlation coefficients and Chi-square test were used as statistical methods. Obtained results confirmed the initial hypotheses and based on that recommendations for the creation of a marketing strategy for introducing new ICT solutions in the fled of agriculture are made.
2. Carter, J, (2013). Who’s Trending in Agriculture? A Look at Social Media. Natural Sciences Education, 42(1), 33-35.
3. Citrin, A. V., Sprott, D. E., Silverman, S. N., Stem Jr., D. E. (2000). Adoption of Internet shopping: The role of consumer innovativeness. Industrial Management and Data Systems, 100 (7), 294–300.
4. Ćirić, M., Kuzman, B. (2017). Are Farmers Ready for Changes that Internet and Social Media Bring? International Conference -Innovation, ICT and education for the next generation, May 26-27, Faculty of Economics and Engineering Management in Novi Sad, 81-97.
5. Farmers Weekly (2016). Farmers Weekly Magazine. http://www.fwi.co.uk 23.4.2017.
6. Guerrini, F. (2015). The future of agriculture? Smart farming. Forbes, https://www.forbes.com/sites/federicoguerrini/2015/02/18/the-future-of-agriculture-smartfarming/#682d43883c42 23.4.2017.
7. Hilgard, E., Atkinson, R. (1975). Introduction to psychology. 6th ed. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
8. Jijina C.K, Raju G., (2016). Social media and farmers. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 5(19), 20-25.
9. Kaushik, A.K., Rahman, Z., (2014). Perspectives and Dimensions of Consumer Innovativeness: A Literature Review and Future Agenda. Journal of International Consumer Marketing, 26(3), 239-263.
10. Kotler, F. (1988). Upravljanje marketingom. Informator, Zagreb.
11. Ljubojević, Č. Ćirić, M. (2017). Marketing usluga. Fakultet za ekonomiju i inženjerski menadžment, Novi Sad.
12. Novaković, Rajačić, B. (2005). Ponašanje potrošača. Evropski univerzitet, Beograd.
13. Novalić, F., Selimović, F. i Biševac, F. (2011). Uticaj Interneta na razvoj poljoprivrede. Naučna konferencija -AGROBIZNIS2011, 10. oktobar, Univerzitet u Novom Pazaru, 470-479.
14. Pauwels, K., Silva-Risso, J., Srinivasan, S., Hanssens, D. M. (2004). New products, sales promotions, and frm value: The case of the automobile industry. Journal of Marketing, 68, 142–156.
15. Roehrich, G. (2004). Consumer Innovativeness: Concepts and Measurements. Journal of Business Research, 57 (6), 671–77.
16. Rogers, E. M. (1962). Diffusion of Innovations. Free Press, New York.
17. Srinivasan, S., K. Pauwels, J. Silva-Risso, and D. M. Hanssens. (2009). Product innovations, advertising, and stock returns. Journal of Marketing, 73, 24–43.
18. Tellis, G. J., Yin, E., Bell, S., (2009). Global Consumer Innovativeness: CrossCountry Differences and Demographic Commonalities. Journal of International Marketing, 17(2), 1–22.
19. Xin, J. N., Zazueta, F. (2016). Technology trends in ICT - towards data-driven, farmer-centered and knowledge based hybrid cloud architectures for smart farming. Agricultural Engineering International, CIGR Journal, 18(4), 275-279.