FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO FRUIT AND VEGETABLES GROWING AND IMPACT ON B&H TRADE BALANCE
Data on global competitiveness and trade balance fall within the most important indicators regarding the shape of economy in a specific country. Data for Bosnia and Herzegovina (B&H), are not very good according to either of the said indicators. In regard to competitiveness, the World Economic Forum (WEF) classifies B&H below the average, while the trade balance shows deficit for the past few years in a row. The goal of this paper is, in such situation, to point to one of the bright points, the agricultural sector, primarily fruit and vegetable growing, which, with financial assistance, in a relatively short time period could significantly change B&H’s trade balance. Since the largest volume of fruit and vegetables export is realized on a choosy European Union (EU) market, the increase of export can be achieved only by honoring the strict standards and having adequate certificates. A chance for increase in production and competitiveness is in interconnecting into clusters which have proven to be the best way of increasing the market competitiveness and survival in an era of globalization and rule of multinational companies.
2. Budget of Brčko District, available at http://www.bdcentral.net/index.php/ba/budzet-brcko-distrikta-B&H
3. Budget of Federation of B&H, available at http://www.fB&Hvlada.gov.ba/bosanski/budzet/
4. Budget of RS, available at http://www.narodnaskupstinars.net/?q=la/akti/bud%C5%BEet
5. Cosme Programme: Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and SME 2014-2020, available at https://ec.europa.eu/growth/smes/cosme_en
6. Đurić, K., Vukoje V., Tomaš Simin M. (2016). Agrarian budget as a form of agricultural financing in the Republic of Serbia and Croatia, Agroekonomika, Faculty of Agriculture, Department for Agriculture Economic and Rural Sociology, 2016, issue 71, p. 29., Novi Sad
7. EU financial framework 2014–2020, available at http://ec.europa.eu/budget/lirary/biblio/documents/fin_fvk1420/proposal_council_regulation_COM398_en.pdf
8. Federal Office of Statistics FB&H - F B&H in numbers, 2018, p. 37
9. Foreign Trade Policy Act, „The Official Journal of B&H“, No. 7/98, 35/04
10. Guide for import and export of fruit and vegetables in EU, pp.7-8. available at https://fmpvs.gov.ba/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Vodic-za-izvoz-voca-i-povrcau-EU.pdf
11. Milovanović, M., Radosavac, A., Knežević, D. (2018). State of agro-food foreign trade in Bosnia and Hercegovina, Economics of Agriculture, No 3 (885-1328), 2018. p. 1065
12. Radosavac, A., Rosandić, A., Demirović, D., Knezević, D. (2015). The share of food products in foreign trade of Bosnia and Herzegovina, International Journal of Scientific Research, 4(8), p. 3-5.
13. Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 laying down the general principles and requirements of food law, establishing the European Food Safety Authority and laying down procedures in matters of food safety
14. Regulation (EU) No 231/2014 establishing an Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II)
15. Regulation on terms and conditions for receiving price support for development of agriculture and countryside, “Official Journal of RS”, No. 25/2018, 46/2018, 71/2018, 82/2018, 97/2018, 102/2018 and 116/2018.
16. Statistical Yearbook of RS for 2018 p. 272.
17. Statistical data for BD B&H, Bulletin No. 1 for 2018, pp. 55-56.
18. Strategy for export growth of B&H from 2012 to 2015., draft, pp. 46-47, available at http://komoraB&H.ba/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/bhepa-nacrt-strategija-rastaizvoza-B&H.pdf
19. WEF. The Global Competitiveness Report 2017 – 2018, World Economic Forum, available at https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-global-competitvenessreport-2018