ECONOMIC ANALIZE OF MAIZE PRODUCTION IN CONDITIONS OF DEFICIT IRRIGATION IN REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
In this paper authors had done analysis of economic parameters in three variants of maize production. The first one (TI) is traditional way of production, where number of irrigation and water use for irrigation are based on free farmer choice. The second variant (FI) represents full irrigation, where maize was irrigated up to full field water capacity in depth of 1m. The third variant (DI50) is irrigation up to 50% from FI. They confirmed that for TI variant, average 10 868 m3/ha water is used by farmers, what means about 14 % more water use, compared with variant FI and 128 % more water use, compared with DI 50. Because of the fact that water saving is significant and water use is controlled, a high yield and better value of production was realized. According that, the farmers who will practice variants with controlled irrigation water usage, would have higher profit (average 13.5 indexes) of invested capital.
2. Bosev D., Jacobsen S-E., Quarrie S., Vasilevski G., Mitkova T., Kakurinov V., Peshevski M., Ilic-Popova S., Mihajlov L. 2004: Strategies for drought alleviation in R. of Macedonia. Book of Proceedings, VIII ESA Congres: European Agriculture in a Global Context, Copenhagen (11-15 july) pp. 889- 891, Denmark.
3. Državen zavod za statistika na RM (2005): Statistički godišnik na RM (1996- 2005), Skopje.
4. Državen zavod za statistika na RM (2005): Statistički pregled: poledelstvo, ovočtarstvo i lozarstvo (1996-2005), Skopje.
5. Oweis T. (2004): Farm warer management options to alleviate drought in the dry environments. 2nd Regional conference on Arab water 2004: Water management for drought mitigation in the Mediterranean, 175-191, Cairo, Egypt, 15 Aprill 2004.
6. Peshevski M., Bosev D., Shekerinov D. (2004): Management of water resources in transition period in Republic of Macedonia with special reward of hidromeliorative system (HMS) – “Bregalnica”. Naučni skup: “POLJOPRIVREDA U TRANZICIJI” Ekonomika poljoprivrede, 3-4, 81-94, Beograd.
7. Ragab R., Hamdy A. (2004): Water management strategies to combat drought in the semi-arid regions. 2nd Regional conference on Arab water 2004: Water management for drought mitigation in the Mediterranean, 37-101, Cairo, Egypt, 15 Aprill 2004.
8. Filipovski Đ. i sor. (1996): Karakteristiki na klimatsko vegetacisko počvenite zoni (regioni) vo Republika Makedonija. MANU, Skopje.