Romanian rurality within a modern conceptual model
According to the Lisbon Declaration and to the necessity of growing Romanian economy competitiveness in knowledge based society, we consider requisite frontier research in agrifood field in order to lead to superior outputs of feld producers and traders and to adopt higher competitive behavior. Research demonstrates the opportunity of elaboration of a modern conceptual model for rural economy development: agrifood industrial city, able to provide economic growth of Romanian agrifood sector in knowledge based society. Also, the research reveals possibilities of higher life conditions. In order to demonstrate this, analysis and synthesis of studies, reports, articles and other materials including empirical studies and statistics on this topic were conducted.
2. Ferreira. A., Otley, D. - The Design and use of performing management systems: An extended framework for analysis, Management Accounting Research, Volume 20, issue 4, December 2009, pages 263/282;
3. Istudor, N. (coord.) - Compatibilizarea organizaţiilor economice cu profl agroalimentar din România cu cerinţele sanitare, sanitar-veterinare şi de mediu ale Uniunii Europene, Editura ASE, Bucureşti 2008;
4. Popescu, I. - Sistem de indicatori de competitivitate a oraşelor din România, Economie şi administraţie locală v. 10, nr. 7, p. 48-51, 2005,
5. Voicu, R., Rădulescu, C. V. - Managementul Unităţilor Agroalimentare, Editura ASE, Bucureşti, 2003;
6. Romania’s National Strategic Plan for Rural Development 2007-2013;