The impact of the economic and financial crisis on the agri-food sector in Poland
The global crisis affected Poland, putting its economic growth in jeopardy. This impact is reﬂected in deteriorated GDP growth prospects, reduced lending activity, limited access to external financing. Thus, the global crisis has become the key reason for the economic slowdown observed in Poland since mid-2008. Objective of this paper is to analyze the inﬂuence of economic crisis on the economic situation in agriculture and food industry in Poland.
2. Musiał W., 2010, Threat Of Crisis And Attempted Anti-Crisis Measures in Polish Agriculture, Polish Association of Agricultural and Agribusiness Economists, Scientific Yearbooks, Vol. XI, Issue 2.
3. Statistical Yearbooks, 2009, GUS 2003–2008, Warsaw
4. Szczepaniak I., 2009, (red.)The assessment of the competitiveness of Polish food producers after accession to the European Union”, synthesis, series: Multi annual Programme 2005–2009, Report No 150, IERiGŻ-PIB, Warsaw 2009, p. 228.
5. Urban R., 2008, (red.) The impact of integration into the European Union on the Polish food economy, series: Multi annual Programme 2005–2009, No 90, IERiGŻ- PIB, Warsaw 2008, p. 140.
6. Wigier M., 2010, (red.) The impact of the economic and financial crisis on the situation of the agri-food sector in Poland, Report – commissioned by the FAO, IAFE-NRI, Warsaw
7. Fiedor B., 2010, Economic crisis versus crisis of economic science, Ekonomista, no. 4, pages: 453-466