THE AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS - MARKET STRUCTURE IN SOUTH-EAST EUROPE
Purpose. The research subject is the analysis of exporting performance and international competitiveness of the Industry of agricultural products of SEE countries. Research goal is to examine the trends of total export effect, i.e. competitiveness effect (CE) trend, product effect (PE), geographical effect (GE) and residual effect (RE), as well as their components. Methodology. Constant market share (CMS) approach is able to explain these effects in the case of the Industry of agricultural products in SEE countries. Results. The conducted research covered 14 major products obtained from UN Comtrade, separated at four HTS code levels, in the period from 2007 to 2015. Conclusions. However, improvement of exporting competitiveness was still insufficient, considering that there was a more significant loss on other markets (EU, Russia).
2. Andersen, T.B., Jensen, P.S., Skovsgaard, C.V. (2016). The heavy plow and the agricultural revolution in Medieval Europe. Journal of Development Economics, 118(1), 133-149.
3. Aw, B.Y., Lee, Y. (2017). Demand, costs and product scope in the export market. European Economic Review, 100(11), 28-49.
4. Backović, M., Vuleta, J., Popović, Z. (2014). Economic and mathematical methods and models.. CID Faculty of Economics, Belgrade. [in Serbian: Бацковић, М.,Вулета, Ј., Поповић, З. (2014), Економско математички-методи и модели].
5. Caffaro, F., Mirisola, A., Cavallo, E. (2017). Safety signs on agricultural machinery: Pictorials do not always successfully convey their messages to target users. Applied Ergonomics, 58(1), 156-166.
6. Chen, W., Holden, N.M. (2018). Bridging environmental and financial cost of dairy production: A case study of Irish agricultural policy. Science of The Total Environment, 615(1), 597-607.
7. Giannakis, E., Bruggeman, A. (2015). The highly variable economic performance of European agriculture. Land Use Policy, 45(5), 26-35.
8. Grüner, H.P., Muller, D. (2016). Measuring political information rents: Evidence from the European agricultural reform. European Journal of Political Economy, 43(3), 107-126.
9. Ferro, E., Otsuki, T., Wilson, J.S. (2015). The effect of product standards on agricultural exports. Food Policy, 50(1), 68-79.
10. Milojević, I., Mihajlović, M., Cvijanović, M. (2012). Impact of organizational failure of relevance consolidated budget. Еconomics of Agriculture, 59(1), 63-71.
11. Musolino, D.A., Massarutto, A., Carli, A. (2018). Does drought always cause economic losses in agriculture? An empirical investigation on the distributive effects of drought events in some areas of Southern Europe. Science of The Total Environment, 633(3), 1560-1570.
12. Qiu, H., Zhu, W., Wang, H., Cheng, X. (2007). Analysis and Design of Agricultural Sustainability Indicators System. Agricultural Sciences in China, 6(4), 475-486.
13. Scherer, L.A., Verburg, P.H., Schulp, C.J.E. (2018). Opportunities for sustainable intensification in European agriculture. Global Environmental Change, 48(1), 43-55.
14. Schmitz, T.G., Zhu, M., Schmitz, A. (2016). Agricultural Import Tariffs and Export Restrictions. Reference Module in Food Science, Encyclopedia.
15. Shafullah, M., Selvanathan, S., Naranpanawa, A. (2017). The role of export composition in export-led growth in Australia and its regions. Economic Analysis and Policy, 53(2), 62-76
16. Shepherd, B., Wilson, N.L.W. (2013). Product standards and developing country agricultural exports: The case of the European Union. Food Policy, 42(3), 1-10.
17. Vozarova, I.K., Kotulic, R., (2016). Quantification of the Effect of Subsidies on the Production Performance of the Slovak Agriculture. Procedia Economics and Finance, 39(2), 298-304.
18. Vukoje, A. (2013). Factors of existence as a condition of creating a market position of the company. ODITOR, 1(5), 27-37. [in Serbian: Вукоје, А. (2013), Фактори егзистенције као услов стварања тржишне позиције предузећа].
19. Jiao, X., Mongol, N., Zhang, F. (2018). The transformation of agriculture in China: Looking back and looking forward. Journal of Integrative Agriculture, 17(4), 755-764.
20. Zanden, E.H., Verburg, P.H., Schulp, C.J.E., Verkerk, P.J. (2017). Trade-offs of European agricultural abandonment. Land Use Policy, 62(3), 290-301.
21. Zekić, M, Šegrt, S. (2015). The impact of private health insurance on the macroeconomic environment of the Republic of Serbia. ODITOR, 3(1), 33-45. [in Serbian: Зекић, М., Шегрт, С. (2013), Утицај приватног здравственог осигурања на макроекономски амбијент Републике Србије].