MOTIVATIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN COLLECTIVE AGRICULTURAL MARKETING IN HUNGARY
The paper investigates the motivations of players within agri-food chain to participate in collective agricultural marketing actions using a survey. Our main findings are follows. Estimations show that being member in a lobby group positively influences the participation in collective agricultural marketing programs. Financial support, product developing, finding partner contacts with marketing chains and new partners have strong positive effect in the satisfaction in collective agricultural actions. Finally, membership of a lobby group and the size of firms or associations have positive impact on the willingness to pay for collective marketing actions.
2. Bingen, J., Serrano, A. and Howard, J. (2003): Linking farmers to markets: different approaches to human capital development. Food Policy, 28: 405-419
4. Fertő (2009) How can producers access the modern agri-food chain? A Central and Eastern European perspective. CAB Reviews: Perspectives in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Nutrition and Natural Resources, 4, No. 063, 9 pp
5. Kruijssen, F, Keiser, M. and Guliani, A. (2008): Collective action for smallscale producers of agricultural biodiversity products. Food Policy (2008), doi:10.1016/j.foodpol.2008.10.008
6. Lehota J. and Tomcsányi P (1994). Agrármarketing, Budapest, Mezőgazda Kiadó
7. Lence, S.H., Marette, S., Hayes, D.J. and Foster, W. (2007): Collective Marketing Arrangements for Geographically Differentiated Agricultural Products: Welfare Impacts and Policy Implications. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 89(4): 947-963
8. Moschini, G., Menapace, L. and Pick, D. (2008): Geographical Indications and Provision of Quality. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 90(3): 794- 812
9. Totth, G (2007). Tasks of collective agricultural marketing and its organizational forms in agriculture – conference presentation: The collective agricultural marketing in the EU countries and Hungary. Budapest, 21st of September, 2007.
10. Warner,K.D. (2007). The quality of sustainability: Agroecological partnerships and the geographic branding of California winegrapes. Journal of Rural Studies, 23: 142-155