AGRICULTURAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND INSURANCE
Agricultural entrepreneurship is the basis of creativity, innovation, proftability and risk management of agricultural producers. Although the agricultural entrepreneurship is often ignored in Serbia, in the paper we emphasize its importance due to the fact that the contribution of agriculture still has the largest share in gross domestic product. Current 2016 was declared as the year of entrepreneurship in Serbia, which further stressed the importance of studying this problem. As the aim of the research we have determined the need for the study of agricultural entrepreneurship in the context of vulnerability to risks from the environment. In this regard, in the paper we frst point to agricultural entrepreneurship and the importance of agriculture production in Serbia and then we point out to the environmental protection, as a form of preventive action for risk reduction, insurance, as a form of fnancing of insurance claims, and the characteristics of agriculture insurance in Serbia. The main conclusion is that environmental protection and agricultural insurance are complementary mechanisms of risk protection that provide signifcant support to agricultural entrepreneurship and the development of agricultural production.
2. Baez, M.S. and Wong, S. (2007): Insurance in emerging markets: sound development; greenfeld for agricultural insurance. Sigma No 1/2007, Swiss Re, Zurich.
3. Birovljev, J. and Tomić, R. (2009): Menadžment u agrobiznisu. Ekonomski fakultet, Subotica.
4. Cantillon, R. (1931): Essai sur la nature du commerce en general. Edited and translated by Higgs, H. MacMillan, London.
5. Company Law (2015): Zakon o privrednim društvima, „Offcial Gazette of the RS”, no. 36/2011, 99/2011, 83/2014 – other Law.
6. Green Paper (2003): Entrepreneurship in Europe. Commission of the European Communities, COM(2003) 27 fnal, Brussels.
7. Ireland, R.D., Webb, J.W. (2007): A Cross-Disciplinary Exploration of Entrepreneurship Research. Journal of Management, Vol. 33, pp. 891–927.
8. Law of Agriculture and Rural Development (2013): Zakon o poljoprivredi i ruralnom razvoju, „Offcial Gazette of the RS “, no. 41/2009 and 10/2013 – other law.
9. Law on Personal Income Tax (2015): Zakon o porezu na dohodak građana, „Offcial Gazette of the RS’’, no. 24/01 , 80/02 – other law, 80/02, 135/04, 62/06, 65/06 -correction, 31/09, 44/09, 18/10, 50/11, 91/11 - US, 93/12, 114/12 - US, 47/13, 48/13 - correction, 108/13, 57/14, 68/14 – other law, 112/15.
10. Marković, S., Pejanović, Lj. (2012): Zaštita životne sredine. Fakultet za pravne i poslovne studije dr Lazar Vrkatić, Novi Sad.
11. McElwee, G. (2005): Developing entrepreneurial skills of farmers: Literature review of entrepreneurship in agriculture. The report pruduced with fnancial support form the Commmission of the European Community, Brussels.
12. MFRC (2016): Ministarstvo fnansija Republike Sribije, http://www.mfn.gov.rs/UserFiles/File/misljenja/2013/Objasnjenje%20vodjenje%20poslovnih%20knjiga(1).pdf (accessed 08.06.2016.)
13. Njegomir, V., Pejanović, R. (2016): Climate change risks, agricultural production, and the role of insurance. Ekonomika poljoprivrede, accepted for publication.
14. Njegomir, V., Pejanović, R. (2011): Importance and current issues in agricultural insurance in Serbia. Contemporary Agriculture, Vol. 60, No. 1-2, pp. 38-45
15. Njegomir, V., Stojić, D. (2010): Determinants of insurance market attractiveness for foreing investments: the case of ex-Yugoslavia. Economic Research, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 96-110.
16. Njegomir, V., Stojić, D. (2011): Liberalisation and market concentration impact on performance of the non-life insurance industry: the evidence from Eastern Europe. The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 94-106.
17. Petrović, Z., Njegomir, V., Počuča, S. (2013): Characteristics of agricultural insurance: the case of countries of former Yugoslavia region. Ekonomika poljoprivrede, Vol. 60, No. 4, 2013, pp. 729-745.
18. Raulston, J.M., Richardson, J.W., Outlaw, J.L., Knapek, G.M. (2010): Does Crop Insurance Reduce the Need for Cash Reserves in Savings Accounts? Paper presented at the SAEA Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.
19. Schumpeter, J A. (1934): The Theory of Economic Development. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA.
20. Stefanović, R., Obradović, S., Broćić, Z. (2012): Perspektive i razvojni izazovi preduzetništva u poljoprivredno-prehrambenom sektoru Republike Srbije. Učenje za poduzetništvo, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 371-380.
21. Tyszka, T., Cieslie, J. Domurat, A., Macko, A. (2011): Motivation, Self-Effcacy, and Risk Attitudes Among Entrepreneurs During Transition to a Market Economy. Journal of Socio-Economics, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 124–131.
22. WB (2015): World bank, http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NV.AGR.TOTL.ZS/countries (accessed 15.06.2015.)