RESEARCH OF CONSUMERS’ ATTITUDES ON THE ORGANIC FOOD CONSUMPTION IN THE SERBIAN ENCLAVES IN KOSOVO
The organic production in Serbian enclaves in Kosovo has a great potential based on the extensive production mostly in hilly-mountainous areas with rich and convenient environment for the organic production of medicinal plants, fruits, vegetables, wine, honey etc., but it still keeps developing. The enclave can realise a high income, and thereby also an economic basis for the sustainable development of multifunctional agricultural holdings in Serbian enclaves, by the production and sale of organic products on local markets. In this paper, the authors study the consumers’ attitudes on purchase and consumption of organic food in Serbian enclaves in Kosovo. Empirical research was carried out on a spatial sample of 300 respondents, by a personal communication technique using the questionnaire as an instrument of research method. Areas of research are towns: Northern KosovskaMitrovica, Leposavic, ZubinPotok and Gracanica. Goal of the research is to discover the preferences, motives, attitudes and interests of consumers for buying the organic products, based on a defned survey to recognise the basic features of supply and the demand of organic agricultural and food products. After analysing the conducted survey, we have discovered that the organic food market in Serbian enclaves in Kosovo has not been suffciently developed; it is necessary to expand the range of organic agriculture products and a constant supply is required, better marketing, and better information and education of consumers in order to raise supply to a higher level.
2. Bourn, D., Prescott, J. (2002): A Comparison of the Nutritional Value, Sensory Qualities, and Food Safety of Orrganically and Conventionally Produced Foods.Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition Vol.42 I.1.
3. Brandt, K., Molgaard, P. J. (2001): Organic agriculture: does it enhance or reduce the nutritional value of plant foods?, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture Vol. 81, No. 9.
4. Briz, T., Al-Hajj, M. (2004.): Consumer“s attitude regarding organic products: Marketing Trends for Organic Food in the 21 st Century, Series on Computers, and Operations Research, Vol.3, World Scientif c Publishing Co.,Pte. Ltd.
5. Chakrabarti, S., Baisya, R.K, (2007): Purchase Motivations and Attitudes of Organic Food Buyers, Decision, Vol. 34, No. 1.
6. Chambers, S., Lobb, A., Butler L.T., Traill, B.W. (2008): The inﬂuence of age and gender on food choice: a focus group exploration, International Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol.32, No.4.
7. Eves, A., Lumbers, M., Morgan, J. (2004): Factors inﬂuencing consumption of organic food, Marketing Trends for Organic Food in the 21st Century, Series on Computers and Operations Research, Vol.3, World Scientifc Publishing Co., Pte. Ltd.
8. Golijan, J., Popović, A. (2016): Basic characteristics of the organic agriculture market, Fifth International Conference Competitiveness Of Agro-Food And Environmental Economy, Bucharest.
9. Hallam, D. (2002): The organic market on EOCD Countries: Past Growth, current status and Future Potential, OECD Workshop on Organic Agriculture, Washington D.C., USA
10. Klockner, A. C. (2012): Should I Buy Organic Food? A Psychological Perspective on Purchase Decisions Organic Food and Agriculture,Nwe Trends and Developments in the Social Sciences.
11. Kovačić, D.,Mesić, Ž., Pavićević, A. (2009.): Analiza potražnje ekoloških proizvoda na zagrebačkom tržištu, available at: http://s-a.agr.hr/pdf/2009/sa2009_p0218.pdf
12. Lappalainem, R., Saba, A., Holm, L., Mykkanen, H., Gibney, M.J., Moles, A. (1997): Diffculties in Trying to Eat Healthier: descriptive analysis of perceived barriers for healthy eating, European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 51 (Suppl.2).
13. Meredith, S.,Willer, H. (2016):Organic in Europe-prospects and developments.
14. Ministarstvo poljoprivrede i zaštite životne sredine, 2016. http://www.dnrl.minpolj.gov.rs/ accessed on: 05.08.2016.
15. Radojičić, A. (2013.): Istraživanje stavova potrošača o potrošnji organske hrane u Srbiji, magistraska teza, Poljoprivredni fakultet, Novi Sad.
16. Renko, S., Bošnjak, K., (2009): Aktuelno stanje i perspektive budućeg razvoja tržišta ekološke hrane u Hrvatskoj, Ekonomski pregled, Vol. 60,No. 7-8, Zagreb.
17. Vehapi, S. (2015):Istraživanje motiva potrošača koji utiču na kupovinu organske hrane u Srbiji, Ekonomske teme, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 105-121.
18. Vlahović B., Radojević, V., Živanić, I., (2011): Istraživanje stavova potrošača o potrošnji organske hrane u Srbiji, Ekonomika poljoprivrede, Vol. 58, No. 3. 19. Vlahović, B., Puškarić, A. (2013): Organska poljoprivreda - šansa za agrobiznis, Grad Novi Sad, uprava za privredu Novi Sad.
20. Vlahović B., Tomić, D., Popović, V. (2010): Stanje i perspektive potrošnje proizvoda organske poljoprivrede, Zbornik radova, Četvrti forum o organskoj proizvodnji, Selenča.
21. Willer, H., Lernoud, J. (Eds) (2016): The World of Organic Agriculture. Statistics and Emerging Trends 2016, Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FIBL), Frick, and IFOAM Organics International, Bonn.
22. Williams, M.C.(2002): Nutritional quality of organic food: shades of grey or shades of green?, Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, Vol. 61.
23. Zakon o organskoj proizvodnji 2010 (Službeni glasnik RS broj 30-10) „Pravilnik o kontroli i sertifkaciji u organskoj proizvidnji i metodama organske proizvodnje“ Ministarstvo poljoprivrede, trgovine, šumarstva i vodoprivrede, Službeni glasnik Republike Srbije, no. 48-11