PRODUCTION AND ECONOMIC PERFORMANCES OF THE RAINBOW TROUT BREEDING ON SERBIAN FISH FARMS WITH WATER OXYGENATION
An interest for the rainbow trout production is in expansion in Serbia in recent years. When they make plans for investments, the potential investors into the trout production are usually faced with decision what is optimal size of production they are going to establish. In order to make proper decision, they have to know data on the production and economic performances that could be realized with different production volumes. Unfortunately, the literature on economic parameters dealing with the rainbow trout production is not very rich. This paper is dealing with economic aspects of the rainbow trout production in the conditions of the modern technology utilization that assumes use of water oxygenation. The research subject of the paper is comparison between economic results of the various size trout farms dealing with production of market size trout. For the purposes of this analysis it was used the method of analytical calculation. In the analysis there were defned two production models, M1 model with annual production of 50 tons and M2 model with annual production of 150 tons of table rainbow trout. The results of analysis showed that the M2 model has better economic parameters. In the structure of total production costs, the dominant share has feed (50%), while the labor costs of the full-time employees are in second place (20%). If the Serbian producers want to improve the economic performances of trout production, it is primarily necessary to be reduced the costs of these two items (feed and labor costs).
2. Bohl, М., Bach, P., Bartmann, K., Eding, E. H., Geier, K., Gropp, J., Hogendoorn, H., Huismann, E. A., Keesen, H. W., Koops, H., Kuhlmann, H., Riedel, D., Riegger, G., Schoorl, R. C., Schumacher, A., Verreth, J., van Weerd, J. H. (1999): Zucht und Produktion von Suesswasserfschen. Verlags Union Agrar. Мuenchen. ISBN 3-7690- 0543-0.
3. Burka, J.F., Hammel, K.L., Horsberg, T.E., Johnson, G.R., Rainnie, D.J., Speare, D.J. (1997): Drugs in salmonid aquaculture – A review. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Blackwell science Ltd., no. 20, pp. 333-349.
4. Clark, L.M. (2003): Comparison of water quality, rainbow trout production, and economics in oxygenated and aerated raceways. Master of Science Thesis, Faculty of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, December 5, Blacksburg, Virginia. (available at: http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-12172003-113917/unrestricted/ThesisFinal.pdf).
5. Čanak, S. (2008): Moderna pastrmska proizvodnja. Poljoprivredni kalendar 2008, “Dnevnik – poljoprivrednik“ A.D. Novi Sad. pp. 463-464.
6. DB FOOD (2015). Internal documentation of frm and data obtained by an interview.
7. Dini-trade (2015). Internal documentation of frm and data obtained by an interview.
8. Disegna, M., Maurarcher, C., Isabella Procidano, I., Giovanna Trevisan, G. (2009): Caracteristics of production and consumption of organic rainbow trout in Italy. New Medit, Supplement, no. 3, pp. 17-26.
9. Engle, C.R., Pomerleau S., Fornshell G., Hinshaw J.M., Sloan D., Thompson S. (2005): The economic impact of proposed efﬂuent treatment options for production of trout Oncorhynchus mykiss in ﬂow-through systems. Aquacultural Engineering, vol. 32, pp. 303-323.
10. FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Department [online or CD-ROM]. Rome. [Updated 2014], (Available at: http://www.fao.org/fshery/statistics/software/FishStatJ/en).
11. Fornshell, G. (2002): Rainbow Trout – Chalenges and Solutions, Reviews in Fisheries Science, 10(3-4), pp. 545-557.
12. Gogić, P. (2009): Teorija troškova sa kalkulacijama. ISBN 978-86-7834-070-3. Mladost biro – Beograd, Beograd-Zemun.
13. Hassan A., Ishaq, M., Farooq, A., Sadozai, S.H. (2007): Economics of trout fsh farming in the northern areas of Pakistan. Sarhad J. Agric., vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 407-410.
14. Jeremić, S., Radosavljević, V. (2011): Presence of bacterial diseases of fsh in the Serbia during the period 2005-2010. V International Conference „Fishery“, Conference Proceedings, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade-Zemun, 1-3.6.2011., pp. 409-414.
15. Lukowicz, M. (1994): Site selection and regulation issues for trout and carp farming in Germany. Journal of Applyed Ichtiology, No. 10, pp. 312-318.
16. Marković, Z., Poleksić, V., Živić, I., Stanković, M., Ćuk, D., Spasić, M., Dulić, Z., Rašković, B., Ćirić M., Bošković, D., Vukojević, D. (2009): State of the art of fshery in Serbia. IV International Conference „Fishery“, Conference Proceedings, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade-Zemun, 27-29.5.2009., pp. 30-38.
17. Marković, Z., Stanković, M., Dulić, Z., Živić, I., Rašković, B., Spasić, M., Poleksić, V. (2011): Aquaculture and fshery in Serbia – Status and potentials. V International Conference „Fishery“, Conference Proceedings, Faculty of Agriculture, BelgradeZemun, 1-3.6.2011., pp. 36-40.
18. Mri-Tech (2015): Internal documentation of frm and data obtained by an interview.
19. Radosavljević, V., Jeremić, S., Jakić-Dimić, D. (2013): Survey and diagnostics of fsh diseases in the Republic of Serbia during the period 2011-2012. VI International Conference „Fishery“, Conference Proceedings, Faculty of Agriculture, BelgradeZemun, 12-14.6.2013., pp. 124-128.
20. Regulation on the fees for water in 2015, “Offcial Gazette of RS”, No. 15/2015.
21. Republički zavod za statistiku Srbije - RZS (2015). Interni podaci dobijeni na osnovu zahteva autora.
22. Schaeperclauss, W., Lukovics, M. (1998): Lehrbuch der Teichwirtschaft. ISBN 3800145650. Auﬂage 4, neubearbeitet, Berlin – Ulmer.
23. Wedekind, H., Hilde, V., Steffens, W. (2001): Present status, and social and economic signifcance of inland fsheries in Germany. Fisheries Management and Ecology, No. 8, pp. 405-414.
24. The Law on livestock, “Offcial Gazette of RS”, No. 41/2009
25. The Law on Property Taxes, „Offcial Gazette of RS”, No. 26/01, 45/02-СУС, 80/02, 135/04, 61/07, 5/09 and 101/10).
26. The Law on Gross Financial Result, “Offcial Gazette of RS”, No. 25/01, 80/02, 43/03, 84/04, 18/10, 101/11, 119/12, 47/13, 108/13, 68/14, 142/14.