IMPACT OF SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS ON TRAVEL EXPENDITURES OF HUNGARIAN TOURISTS IN THE VILLAGE OF SKORENOVAC
Development of rural tourism in Vojvodina affects the survival of village and livelihoods of its people. Despite the numerous problems that villages of Vojvodina face, an example of good practice is the village of Skorenovac in the municipality of Kovin in Banat. Local culture, traditions and legends of the distant past, and a unique way of life of the population of this village are the primary motives and grounds of the arrival of tourists and they affect the development of rural tourism. The aim of this study was to determine whether there are differences in the consumption of Hungarian tourists in the village Skorenovac in relation to age, level of education and gender. The results of research should serve as encouragement of rural households to monitor socio-demographic characteristics of tourists to suitably form the tourist offer in order to increase proft.
2. Areavey R.M, Donagh J.M. (2011): Sustainable Rural Tourism: Lessons for Rural Development, Sociologia Ruralis. The European Society for Rural Sociology (ESRS), vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 175-194.
3. Baoren S. (2011): Rural Tourism in China. Tourism Management, Volume 32, Issue 6, pp. 1438-1441.
4. Bošković T., Tomić R., Tomić D. (2013): Potentional and Limitations for the Development of Rural Tourism in Vojvodina. Economics of Agriculture, IAE Belgrade, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 103-111.
5. Cvijanović D., Mihajlović B., Čavlin M., Čavlin G. (2015): Impact of Marketing Consulting on Performances of Agrarian Clusters in Serbia. Sustainability, 2015, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 1099-1115.
6. Čerović S. (2009): Strategijski menadžment u turizmu (ISBN: 978-86-7912- 177-6). Univerzitet Singidunum, Beograd.
7. Čikić J., Petrović M., Đurđev B. (2015): Diffusion of Knowledge and Rural Tourism Development - Example of Vojvodina. Economics of Agriculture, no. 1, p. 123-137.
8. Derek H., Kirkpatrick I., Mitchell M. (2005): Rural Tourism and Sustainable Business (ISBN 1-84541-012-2). Cromwell Press, Great Britain.
9. Garson D. (2012): Testing Statistical Assumption. North Carolina State University, Statistical Publishing Associates. (ISBN-10: 1626380333)
10. Goeldner Ch.R., Ritchie J.R.B. (2009): Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies (ISBN 978-1118071779). John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey.
11. Grossman E. (2013): Kurokawa No: Shaping the Image and Perception of Japan’s Folk Traditions, Performing Arts and Rural Tourism (ISBN 978- 9004223349). Global Oriental.
12. Kaplan R.S., Norton D.P. (2008): The Execution Premium: Linking Strategy to Operations for Competitive Advantage (ISBN 978-1422121160). Harvard Business Review Press.
13. Milićević S., Podovac M., Čavlin M. (2015): Resources for Development of the Rača Municipality as a Rural Tourism Destination, Economics of Agriculture. Balkan Scientifc Association of Agrarian Economists, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 751-765, Belgrade, Serbia.
14. Mrkša, М., Gajić, Т. (2014): Opportunities for Sustainable Development of Rural Tourism in the Municipality of Vrbas. Economics of Agriculture, IAE Belgrade, vol.61, no.1, pp. 163-167.
15. Muhi, B., Jovanović, D. (2012): Rural Tourism as a Factor of Integral and Sustainable Development of Rural Areas and Villages of Serbia and Vojvodina. Herald Journal of Geography and Regional Planning vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 14-18.
16. Pesonen, J., Komppula, R., Peters M., (2011): Understanding Relationship Between Push and Pull Motivations in Rural Tourism. Tourism Review, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 32-49.
17. Polo-Pena AI, Olmo J.Ch., Jamilena F.A.D., Molina R.A.M. (2015): Market Orientation Adoption among Rural Tourism Enterprises: The Effect of the Location and Characteristics of the Firm. International Journal of Tourism Research, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 54-65.
18. Popović, V., Katić, B., Savić, M. (2011): Ruralni razvoj u Srbiji i lokalne zajednice. Ekonomika poljoprivrede, IAE Belgrade, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 33-44.
19. Prentović R., Kurjački A., Cvijanović D. (2012): Hunting in Rural Areas of Bačka. Economics of Agriculture, IAE Belgrade, vol. 59, no.3, pp. 385-400.
20. Richards G., Munster W. (2010): Cultural Tourism Research Methods (ISBN 978-1845935184). Cabi International, USA.
21. Sgroi F., Trapani A.M., Testa R., Tudista R. (2014): The Rural Tourism as Development Opportunity of Farms. The Case of Direct Sales in Sicily. American Journal of Agricultural and Biological Sciences vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 407-419.
22. Štetić S., Pavlović S., Stanić S., Šimičević D. (2014): Dimensions of Integrated Tourism–Case Studies of Selected Villages in the Serbia-Romania Border Area. Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, Special Issue 3, pp. 81-88.
23. George W.E., Mair H., Reid D.G. (2009): Rural Tourism Development: Localism and Cultural Change (ISBN 978-1845410995). Channel View Publications.