RESOURCES AND POTENTIAL OF AGRI-FOOD PRODUCTS WITH ADDED VALUE IN BRANIČEVO-PODUNAVLJE REGION
The paper explores the agricultural resources of the Braničevo-Podunavlje region and opportunities of agri-food products development with added value. The purpose of the research is to examine the real possibilities for the development of agriculture and rural areas of the Region through the added stages of processing of agro-food products. In the research was used spatial and sectoral analysis of agricultural resources and potential. The research's results show that the use of comparative advantages and traditions, which the BP region has in the field of agricultural production presupposes the transformation of domestic agriculture and all forms of business entities in this activity. In the coming period, emphasis must be placed on the development of agri-food products with added value, which is focused on meeting the needs and wishes of consumers, with an emphasis on innovation, quality, high level of food hygiene and food safety standards.
2. Census of Agriculture, Volume 2, Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade 2012.
3. Domanović, V., Vujičić, M., & Ristić, L. (2018). Profitability of food industry companies in the Republic of Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, 65 (1), 11-32. doi:10.5937/ekoPolj1801011D
4. IPARD II program for Serbia 2014-2020, Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Serbia, 2014.
5. Municipalities and regions in the Republic of Serbia, SORS: Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade, 2013.
6. Nikolić I., Brankov T. (2018). Forces Influencing Poor Performance of Serbian Food Industry. Industrija, 46 (4), 127-143.
7. Popović, V., Vuković, P., Ćosić, M. (2017). Food safety and quality policy in the Republic of Serbia. Economics of Agriculture, 64 (4), 1607-1617.
8. Project "The Garden of Serbia", Regional Development Agency "Braničevo - Podunavlje" doo, 2011.
9. Regulation 1305/2013, Regulation (EU) No 1305/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 on support for rural development by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and repealing Council Regulation (EC) No 1698/2005, OJ L 347. 20.12.2013. p. 487.
10. Regions in the Republic of Serbia 2017, SORS: Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade 2017.
11. Regional Development Strategy, Braničevo-Podunavski Region for the period 2009-2013, MSP-NE SERBIA: Program for Support to Municipalities of North-East Serbia, February, 2009.
12. Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Serbia 2018, SORS: Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, Belgrade 2018.
13. Strategy of Agriculture and Rural Development of the Republic of Serbia for the period 2014-2020, Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia No. 85/14.
14. Mihalović, B., Simonović, Z. (2016). Strategic planning of sustainable development of agriculture and rural area in Serbia. Monograph, Institute of agricultural economics, Belgrade.
15. Mihailović, B., Brzaković, T. (2018). Knowledge and Innovation Transfer in Agribusiness. Monograph, Institute of Agricultural Economics, Belgrade.
16. The future of food and agriculture – Trends and challenges, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Rome, FAO 2017 Rome, ISSN 2522-722X (online), ISSN 2522-7211 (print).
17. Ćoćkalo, D., Đorđević, D., Kavalić, M., Bešić, C. (2019). Implementation of certification schemes in the Balkan agro-food sector, Economics of Agriculture, 66 (1), 77-88. doi:10.5937/ekoPolj1901077C
18. Van den Ban. A.W., Hawkins. H.. S. (1996). Agricultural Extension. Blackwell Science. UK.