Worldwide analysis regarding the healthcare effectiveness
One of the most important sectors in the human activity is represented by the healthcare system. This is because in this area the man is both subject and object of the activity In other words, the man actionate over the man. Therefore it is important to see and understand how this activity is completed, which is its effectiveness.
In this paper the author wants to make a brief analysis of the effectiveness assessment for the healthcare services within different countries, capturing the characteristics and significant features.
2. Sicotte Claude & co., 1998 “A conceptual framework for the analysis of health care organizations' performance”, Health services management research : an official journal of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration / HSMC, AUPHA 1998;11(1):24-41; discussion 41-8
3. Lemieux-Charles L. & co., 2002 “Multilevel Performance Indicators: Examining Their Use in Managing Performance in Health Care Organizations”, in: Neely A., Walters A., Austin R., editors. Performance Measurement and Management: Research and Action. Boston: Center for Business Performance, Cranfeld University; 2002
4. Leggat S. & co., 1998 “A Review of Organizational Performance Assessment in Health Care”, Health Services Management Research. 1998;11:3–23.
5. Kueng P., Krahn A., 1999 “Building a Process Performance Measurement System: Some Early Experiences”, Journal of Scientifc and Industrial Research. 1999;58(3– 4):149–59
6. Handler A., Issel M., Turnock B., 2001 “A Conceptual Framework to Measure Performance of the Public Health System”, American Journal of Public Health. 2001;91(8):1235–39
7. Greenhalgh J., Long A., Brettle A., Grant M., 1996 “The Value of an Outcomes Information Resource An Evaluation of the UK Clearing House on Health”. Journal of Management Medicine. 1996;10(5):55–65
8. Goddard M., Mannion R., Smith P., 1999 “Assessing the Performance of NHS Hospital Trusts: The Role of ‘Hard’ and ‘Soft’ Information”, Health Policy. 1999;48(2):119